Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Sour Grapes From O2 Ireland

Options
  • 22-10-2010 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭

Mods, if this is in the wrong forum please move.

right guys, here goes.

After being a very loyal O2 customer for the last 4-5 years, and in the last 3+years in particular spending between 2-3 hundred euros on each bill, I did what any sensible person would do and changed networks to three Ireland.
    Changing to three has drastically reduced my bill to under one hundred euros each month, whilst using the same (even more calls as I frequently call uk mobiles from 3 with no extra charge!)

Upon notifying O2 that Iwanted out, I was informed I still had 8 months of contract left, i asked them to reduce my monthly tariff to 15€ so I would owe them 8 x 15€=€120

A few weeks passed and I got my final bill from O2 for 18 x €15, I immediately called them up, firstly was told that I would have to enter into a brand new 18 month contract at 18 months, I explained this was wrong! They then put me on hold, came back and was told it 'was an error on their part' and I would then be credited, and sent out a new final bill.

The final bill arrived just last week, and I thought I would settle it in full on the 26th of the month (my pay day)

Guess what though?

Came in yesterday evening to find a very threatening letter for FINAL NOTICE of the bill from a debt collection agency, threatening me with immediate legal proceedings!

O2......... Just so you know, the error was on YOUR part! This is the FIRST time in my life i have received an intimidating letter, and should my credit rating be affected by this, its STRAIGHT to COMREG I shall go.

In fact, I prob should have contacted them already, with ref to the change of contracts you applied to me in Aug, which unfortunately escaped my notice, until it was too late for me to escape the contrat free of charge!

Shame on you O2, I will immediately be encouraging my extended family to join me on 3 Ireland, or ANY of the alternative networks!!!!!

Rant over from a LIVD ex costumer mug!:mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Call that debt collection agency and explain the story, wait until they send you a fake court summon, then you'll really be livid.
    Sue them for stress!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Call that debt collection agency and explain the story, wait until they send you a fake court summon, then you'll really be livid.
    Sue them for stress!!!

Lol, in fairness though, I was pretty stressed about it, kinda worried the fact a debt agency have sent me a letter my credit rating will be affected already!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Dont worry theres not a thing they can do to your credit raiting without getting a judgemeny against you in the district court, there a long way from that stage.
    They sent me a fake summons for court, took it down to the garda station and the guys were amazed that 02 would be operating like that. Got back onto the debt collection agency and gave them a piece of my mind over the forgery, never heard from them again. Absolute scum of the higest degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Lads a fake court document?:eek:wtf is that not illegal can the gardai not take it futher with the company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Dont worry theres not a thing they can do to your credit raiting without getting a judgemeny against you in the district court, there a long way from that stage.
    They sent me a fake summons for court, took it down to the garda station and the guys were amazed that 02 would be operating like that. Got back onto the debt collection agency and gave them a piece of my mind over the forgery, never heard from them again. Absolute scum of the higest degree.

Tbh, I contacted the debt company earlier, explained my predicament and woman ohn phone offered to settle there and then for 200 quid, even though I owe 320 (200 for final bill plus the 120 previously mentioned)

Is that odd?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭O2_Sheena

Hi Gucky, I'm sorry you have had such a poor experience, if you like you can send me a PM with your mobile and I can have a look to ensure that everything has been resolved?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

It shows what I've known for a long time. When it comes to telecoms, broadband or banking, loyalty doesn't pay.

Advertisement