Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Simplyelectonics.net

• 22-10-2010 12:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi there

I just came across a Canon 1D Mark 4 for sale for €3399.95 off www.simplyelectonics.net! I think this is quite a good price in comparison to the street price of about €5000 (Conns for instance!)

Has anybody had any dealings with them or know anything about this site???
    When I saw that price I immediately thought this has to be a dodgy site with a price advertised like that :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Dont think ive seen a good review on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

Thanks a lot guys ;) Way too good to be true :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I got my 16-35 from them. Took ages for delivery after a load of email and phone calls and almost a charge back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

I got my Sony A550 from them last December, delivery was a little slow but aside from that no hassle at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Same as Dave. Over 6k spent with them last year. Apart from long shipping times, they are fine. They advertise 3 to 4 days shipping on most stuff, expect that to be more like 10 to 14 working days. Once you buy with this expectation you will be fine.

*Very important* Contact their customer care team after 10 days, they will take it from there. At the time I used them they had a very helpful customer services manager who was also representing them on AVforums.
    Her contact details:
    Vanessa Carroll
    Customer Service Manager
    vanessa@simplyelectronics.net or info@simplyelectronics.net

Also strongly recommend that you pay via paypal with a credit card.

More info can be found here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

I have bought from them too. As others have said, shipping time is longer than promised, but if you're not in a rush you can get a genuine bargain. Would have no hesitation in using them again.

forgot about one other issue I had. The price quoted on their site was different through google checkout because google calculates the exchange rate different than they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

steve06 wrote: »
    forgot about one other issue I had. The price quoted on their site was different through google checkout because google calculates the exchange rate different than they do.

Did you not pay in Euro?

• Advertisement

I did, but it was was slightly different when I got to check out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

I ordered a nikon 55-200 vr from them a few months ago. At the time, it was €70-80 cheaper than anywhere else. Delivery was about 5-6 days. Excellent service. They have the Nikon D90 at the moment for €600. I'm tempted to reach for the credit card again.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Despite all the bad reviews I took the plunge and bought a lens. Got it within two weeks so no complaints. Friend of mine has bought two lenses from them too with no hassle. However, I think I'd be wary of spending a four figure sum with them. My lens was only €300 and I paid with google checkout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Carrigman

I see they are selling a Sandisk 8GB 30MB/s CF card for €59.

That's very expensive.

I was able to buy two of them from 7Dayshop.com for €53.24 including postage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

You are very likely to be caught for import duty/VAT as your gear will be sent from outside the EU.

Advertisement