Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulted by PRO-CABS driver...

Options
  • 22-10-2010 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

I called taxi (pro-cabs) this morning to take my dog to the vet. I told lady on the phone about the dog and i asked her to send mini bus, so dog could sit on the floor. She said she didnt have any available, so i asked her to send some "dogs friendly" driver who wouldnt mind.
    The taxi came and just when this grupmy man saw me with the dog he said -" just keep him on the floor" -no hello, no how are you, just very rude unpleasent comment. I looked at the back sit and there was no room for him on the floor, so i said i will keep him on my lap and then he was even more unpleasent and said again " dog goes on the floor".
    To be honest his car was some old crap (as almost all pro-cabs cars are, and i dont mind at all as they are cheap) and to be so fussy about CLEAN nice dog even when i asked for dogs friendly driver!
    That was enough, i shut the door and walked away, then i heared behind my back :

" F..k you b...h !!!"

I was just speach less after this.. Yes -standards are gone and this is very sad and whats even worse to hear something like this from man who could be my grandfather!
    Shame on you Mr! :mad:

What goes around comes around...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

So you rang for a cab, the cab came, and then you ended up not taking the cab??

In fairness, dog aside, if I was that cab driver I'd have said the exact same thing to you!!

And I don't think it's unreasonable that he asked you to keep the dog on the floor, and I say that as a dog owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Not being a dog owner myself, I don't know what the situation is with taxis, hackneys, buses etc. and pets.

Did you get his cab number/plate/name?
    Ring the dispatch or write a letter of complaint if you wish.

Don't use them again.

Get a dog-carrier if the dog is small, I would've thought they're supposed to be used in the context of vet visits to avoid cross-infection?

My instinct tells me to close this thread right now before it descends into a libellous whingefest, but I'll hold off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Yeah.....

you're entitled to leave the cab if you want but I wouldn't be surprised if the driver is annoyed at you as a result. Plus expecting lovely chat from a taxi driver is a bit pointless. Sounds like you both had attitude problems tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Maja

So you rang for a cab, the cab came, and then you ended up not taking the cab??

In fairness, dog aside, if I was that cab driver I'd have said the exact same thing to you!!

And I don't think it's unreasonable that he asked you to keep the dog on the floor, and I say that as a dog owner.

-if you would say the same think to me that only tells about what kind of person you are... first of all i said on the phone i will have dog so i dont wish to see any problem about it and second it was the way he was talking to me, just rude and arrogant.

Yeah.....

you're entitled to leave the cab if you want but I wouldn't be surprised if the driver is annoyed at you as a result. Plus expecting lovely chat from a taxi driver is a bit pointless. Sounds like you both had attitude problems tbh.

Are you serious? I dont expect "lovely chat" from a driver, but i do expect him to be polite!
    Would you use his service if you would be rude to you just from the beggining?

-calling me a b... is beeing annoyed?

• Advertisement

Maja wrote: »
    -if you would say the same think to me that only tells about what kind of person you are... first of all i said on the phone i will have dog so i dont wish to see any problem about it and second it was the way he was talking to me, just rude and arrogant.

Communication issue between dispatcher and cab driver.
    You chose pro Cabs because they are cheap.
    The driver told you to put the dog on the floor.
    What breed and weight is the dog?
    You chose not to take the cab (which had been called out = petrol+time expense) because you disagreed with the driver's policy*.
    So you didn't pay anything. He's out of pocket.

Calling you a bitch in this context (from the 'privacy' of his vehicle and place of work) is understandable from my perspective.

I trust you rang another cab company and got a dog-friendly cab in the end?

* see: dog jumping into front seat when he's changing gear in traffic and runs over a pedestrian = him in court and you with a story to tell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Taxi drivers and hackney drivers are licences to provide a service. They are not legally obliged to provide a smile with that service. Neither are they legally obliged to carry pets. If there was no room for your dog in therear footwell, well then he must be a big enough dog and hardly suitable to have on your lap.

Even if that cabbie was a grumpy so and so, you still called him to your address, it took him time to get there, it took him diesel to get there, but he made the effort to get there on time as requested by you. He went there expecting a fare. He compromised by allowing a dog to travel in his cab, but not on the seats, which is fair enough. You then told him where to go. You wasted his time. He kept his side of the bargain, you didn't.

You're the one at fault here tbh, not the driver.

Maja, don't use them again as your experience seems to have left you very unhappy with the service they offer.

po0k wrote: »
    Communication issue between dispatcher and cab driver.
    You chose pro Cabs because they are cheap.
    The driver told you to put the dog on the floor.
    What breed and weight is the dog?
    You chose not to take the cab (which had been called out = petrol+time expense) because you disagreed with the driver's policy*.
    So you didn't pay anything. He's out of pocket.

Calling you a bitch in this context (from the 'privacy' of his vehicle and place of work) is understandable from my perspective.

I trust you rang another cab company and got a dog-friendly cab in the end?

* see: dog jumping into front seat when he's changing gear in traffic and runs over a pedestrian = him in court and you with a story to tell

What you call "communication issue -its just simple lack of basic manners and not only bad manners -its just pure boorishness!
    If calling anybody a bitch is understandable from your perspective i have nothing to disscus here with you -you just wont get it in your simple world.

po0k wrote: »
    Maja, don't use them again as your experience seems to have left you very unhappy with the service they offer.

Off course i wont use them again and i will tell about it everyone i know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

........ man who could be my grandfather!

I know Galway's a close-knit community, but is there a particular reason for you to suspect this? Could you check with your parents?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

What you call "communication issue -its just simple lack of basic manners and not only bad manners -its just pure boorishness!
    If calling anybody a bitch is understandable from your perspective i have nothing to disscus here with you -you just wont get it in your simple world.

I think you misread pook's post.

it was a communication error between the dispatcher (the person you spoke to on the phone) and the driver.

What he said to you was rude, but his annoyance was understandable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Maja I can understand that you are annoyed and upset at the driver being gruff with you but you have to see it from his perspective too. If your dog had been sick or made a mess in his car his earning power would be over for the day and he'd have an evening of cleaning ahead of him. Even if your dog shed hairs and then the driver went to pick someone up dressed in their best clothes for an interview or a graduation they'd be annoyed to get into a cab with hairs on the back seat. The driver probably saw that he was specially obliging you in accepting a dog to travel in the car at all.

I know you asked for a dog friendly cab but this is Ireland and you don't always get things exactly as you want. If I were you I'd chalk it down to experience and anymore ring around different services until you find a mini bus cab that will definitely accept dogs if you need to go to the vet. You can ring ahead and book a cab which is usually the best option if you have specific requirements.

You shouldn't be called names and complain about that if you like but it is someones livelihood you have in your hands and it sounds like he was making the best allowances he could but then things got ...a bit unpleasant.

Off course i wont use them again and i will tell about it everyone i know.

And you've done that here. But nolonger.

This is not your soapbox.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement