Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bank Holiday Weekend

• 22-10-2010 12:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Anyone got any plans for it?

Basically means for me I'll get two all day sessions in the pub and The Fear on a Monday night rather than Sunday :D Also means a shorter work week next week :cool:

Roll on 5pm......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

going boozing at 3 to a work do, party tomorrow night, party sunday night. i can feel the depression of monday's savage hangover already...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

im not looking forward to it.

Ive been on a 2 week holiday from work, that ive so richly deserved, and the BH weekend signals the end of scratching myself and treating bedsores ive gotten from inactivity.

Ive been so inactive and lazy, logging on to the internet has been a task.

Back to the grindstone on tuesday.

Argh.

*must not be pissed off, must be happy i have a job rabble rabble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Some booze will be had. Some food will be eaten. Sleep will be had.

If I'm lucky I might even get a ride!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I am meeting friends from usa,portugal,england & Ireland for a meal saturday night in Dublin, there all attending a spiritual convention in the rds or something like that ;) then i will just chill out at home with the wife :D and bored i will not be:)

off to germany on saturday morning to visit himself :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

The girlfriend is up the walls trying to finish a dissertation :(

I'll spend the weekend proof reading. I suppose she was good enough to do it for me so only fair I return the favour.

Looking forward to a few beers on sat night at home watching the international rules tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

A little bit of shopping but mostly it will involve drinking in various places.
    Might try & get to a race meeting.
    Nothing planned really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Work Saturday.
    Work Sunday.
    Work Monday.

Woo :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Sleeping in for three days straight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

easyeason3 wrote: »
    A little bit of shopping but mostly it will involve drinking in various places.
    Might try & get to a race meeting.
    Nothing planned really.

Leopardstown is on Monday!
    If that doesn't suit it's Wexford tomorrow and Sunday or Galway on Sunday.....or a PtP meet

• Advertisement

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Work Saturday.
    Work Sunday.
    Work Monday.

We feel your pain....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭Keith186

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Work Saturday.
    Work Sunday.
    Work Monday.

Hard work being a pro wanker eh :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

On-call all weekend :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Kildare on Sunday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I'm off to Glasgow in a few hours until Monday, for what has become an annual trip for this weekend. A few of us are going and our friends there have plans for the weekend and we'll be joined by other friends from England. It will be a great weekend, as it always is. That's why I keep going back. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Hanging out with some old friends tonight, will end up back in my apartment drinking til the wee hours.

Tomorrow at some point go put a 2nd coat of paint on the room I'm moving into next week and get it reasy for my stuff. Then off to a house party for the night which will assuredly be drinking til the wee hours.

Possibly heading out on Sunday night but not sure, working Monday, but I'll be the only one in the building and not much work to do so really just watch a few movies and catch up on some photos I've been putting off post processing. Most likely will be very hungover.

So packed full of plans anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Off the weekend. I have a mates 21st on Saturday which is fancy dress, so gotta get me outfit sorted! Back in work for a late shift on monday though. I'd prefer the day off instead of the money and extra day holiday to be honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

just bought the new layton game so i will be playing that for the next 24 hours,:D
    going to see some NATO ships in town tomorrow, then home to watch some sports.
    visiting inlaws on Sunday,
    and my mums on monday! :)

a real family centered weekend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭poochierockz

nothing
    just moved here and dont know anyone :(:(

nothing
    just moved here and dont know anyone :(:(

Aww, where are ya? Did ya move away from Ireland or to Ireland, because if it's too...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭poochierockz

NothingMan wrote: »
    Aww, where are ya? Did ya move away from Ireland or to Ireland, because if it's too...

TO!! fresh off the boat about 2 and half weeks ago! Been in Ireland on and off for the past 4 years but never got round to meeting anyone cause I was always with the ex but thats over for awhile now so this time round's completely different!

kfallon wrote: »
    Leopardstown is on Monday!
    If that doesn't suit it's Wexford tomorrow and Sunday or Galway on Sunday.....or a PtP meet

I'm no Columbo but given your username & knowledge on race meetings I get the feeling you're into the nags a bit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Working in a bar tonight, Saturday and Sunday. Woo woo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Out tonight with the girls, die tomorrow (maybe paint) then back out for more drinks on Sunday, die Monday.

I'm no Columbo but given your username & knowledge on race meetings I get the feeling you're into the nags a bit?

You'd be correct on that!
    And I'd say you're a big fan of Easons :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

No bank holiday here this weekend :(

(But it's ok cos we have a bank holiday next weekend, yay!)

I am!
    I like books, even the ones without pictures :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Or easy......:D

Kiera wrote: »

Or both....

...casually strolls around Easons giving the eye to anyone willing to catch it!

• Advertisement

Kiera wrote: »

You got in just before I was gonna post it......I'll have to hit the 'Thanks' button now.....I should have got that, you owe me one :D

Or both....

...casually strolls around Easons giving the eye to anyone willing to catch it!

Which Easons, I'm going to town soon :p

Which Easons, I'm going to town soon :p

The Easons with all the books ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

final weekend in work due to the job going into receivership then dinner and a few drink on sunday night with herself for our anniversary

The Easons with all the books ;)

Smartarse alert :p

I tell you if you are going racing wrap up warm, don't care if I will get in for free to L'town on Monday wild (or race) horses wouldn't drag me out there!

TO!! fresh off the boat about 2 and half weeks ago! Been in Ireland on and off for the past 4 years but never got round to meeting anyone cause I was always with the ex but thats over for awhile now so this time round's completely different!

DANG!!! I'm usually the grammar nazi, how'd I miss that!

Anyway, plenty doing around Dublin this weekend and the people are there for the meeting.

• Advertisement

Smartarse alert :p

I tell you if you are going racing wrap up warm, don't care if I will get in for free to L'town on Monday wild (or race) horses wouldn't drag me out there!

Nothing a hipflask of brandy won't cure...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

having a quiet weekend, september was the craziest month of my life so october has been a detox month. will watch the aussie rules tomorrow evening and then doing a hike in wicklow on sunday.

back on the beer with a bang for halloween.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Im 30 on Monday :D. Always get a bank holiday for my birthday. It's great.

Not doing anything mad though. Just a meal with the family and a few pints with the mates

I feel old.. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Just arrived back home to the mothers for the weekend, where i shall eat her food, drink whatever i can find, basically not spend any of my own money. Oh and no doubt my nephews and nieces will be over at some stage to annoy see me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

I'm turning off the brain at 5pm today, and doing FA for the next three days :D

Lock myself in the house, after a stop in the off licence, to watch Mad Men and The Inbetweeners

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Kids, garden, house, work on book, kids, go see (annoy) a local TD, kids, do the wife, work on book, kids...

Somewhere in there I hope to sleep after practicising mutual congress with the other half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I'm working but still intend on getting sh*tfaced at least twice over the bank holiday weekend.

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Just arrived back home to the mothers for the weekend, where i shall eat her food, drink whatever i can find, basically not spend any of my own money. Oh and no doubt my nephews and nieces will be over at some stage to annoy see me.

Do you not feel really mean doing that or am I the only one who sees a problem with this?

Do you not feel really mean doing that or am I the only one who sees a problem with this?

Mothers love to see you back home and will feed you so long as you don't come back too often, the fattened calf doesn't stay on the table too long tho!

Mothers love to see you back home and will feed you so long as you don't come back too often, the fattened calf doesn't stay on the table too long tho!

So if they don't feed you & shower you with motherly love & affection what does that mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I got one last pesky Comptia exam to do next week so I've to have my head buried and my socks pulled up this weekend for study :( After 10 months of goddamn courses I'm going to have to leave the celebrations until Halloween

Fùck it, I'm buying an 8 pack and getting pissed tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Train to Cork tonight.

Just checked the seating online there and some eejit has booked to sit right beside me. Fer f*ck sakes. Why can't anyone pick manual seats and be a total misanthropic d!ckhead like meself?! Grr I say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I've got the whole week off :D

So if they don't feed you & shower you with motherly love & affection what does that mean?

They fooking hate you and don't bother coming back again :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

Barna77 wrote: »
    I'm turning off the brain at 5pm today, and doing FA for the next three days :D

Lock myself in the house, after a stop in the off licence, to watch Mad Men and The Inbetweeners

I'm doing the same. Loving Mad Men, going to chill out and watch it tonight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement