Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rooney signs new 5 year deal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

The Muppet wrote: »
    What's Santa bringing you this year?

A new bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

davyjose wrote: »
    It's the offer they claim was still open for him to accept. Fergie mentioned it in his Press Conference. If it's 220k that's nuts tbh.

I agree £220,000 is nuts. But at the end of the day the figure here is crucial in determining how this situation was resolved. If United crumbled then Rooney is just in it for the money. If he accepted the initial offer then Fergie called his bluff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭jacool

nedtheshed wrote: »
    All I can say is that Im a happy man.How it must sting the opposition fans to see him staying.;)
    You're easily amused then! There was only one club that could afford him so maybe they are a little upset, but the rest of us, I don't think so.
    To the guys who had the banner saying "Who's the Whore now" - good question. But a payrise from £95K to £160K makes it obvious who's getting ridden!

and finally, this just in
    United have very cleverly told Wayne he’s signed until 2015. He thinks that means he can leave at quarter past eight tonight !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Paleface wrote: »
    I agree £220,000 is nuts. But at the end of the day the figure here is crucial in determining how this situation was resolved. If United crumbled then Rooney is just in it for the money. If he accepted the initial offer then Fergie called his bluff.

I agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

If Fergie played a blinder we would have never heard anything about this milark. It would have passed over smoothly. It was anything but. It turned the spot light on Fergies inability to keep his best players and it put the spot light on the owners lack of investment in the club which is clearly not going in the right direction.

It was Fergies press conference that was the master stoke , it put the pressure on Rooney to either sign up or ship out giving him the deadline of yesterday afternoon to make his decision or it would be made for him .

Brilliant man management.

• Advertisement

jacool wrote: »
    United have very cleverly told Wayne he’s signed until 2015. He thinks that means he can leave at quarter past eight tonight !

Oh my GOD, that's bad!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

150k is OK. 220k is too much.

However if it is 220k then it shows that Fergie is right, the glazers will give him big bucks for a player he really wans.

However, I think Fergie(rightfully) will sell him in the summer of this year, or maybe next, for big bucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

jacool wrote: »

and finally, this just in

No no no no no no no no no. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Absolutely delighted. Legend Rooney!!!

Now all we have to do is sell Carrick and we are sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

LOLZ and his solution is to take even more money out of the club with an improved contract.

All Hail Wayne, United's Guardian Angel.

Give me break and Talk sense man will ya

T-Shirts and Goals, I think they are more than breaking even on his wages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Delighted he has signed because he wouldnt have been replaced properly if he had gone. Hes such an important player to the squad.

He still acted like a cnut though and will have lots of bridges to build at the club.

After the weeks that been, nothing will surprise me in football anymore.

Ferguson the master wrong foots everyone, Dunphy the dope is wrong yet again.

Dunphy made look like a fool again. Brillaint!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I don't know why, but this has made me extremely happy. I never fully believed that he'd leave. Why did this break in October? why not in August when a team could come in for him? I was starting to give up on it in recent days but I never really believed it would happen.

I don't know what sort of reaction he'll get now, if he (or his agent) didn't make that statement to sky then I would believe that this was all a hoax. I'm not sure what to believe now tbh so I'll reserve my judgement for the moment anyway

To the tune of?

Ah it is a well know song. Usually sang to Gerard by utd fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

NickDrake wrote: »
    Ah it is a well know song. Usually sang to Gerard by utd fans

I believe the tune is ce sera sera or however that's spelled.

That_Guy wrote: »
    I believe the tune is ce sera sera or however that's spelled.

Ya thats it.

Another bit is

Steve Gerard Gerard
    He is big and he is fooking sh$t
    Steve Gerard Gerard

He kisses the badge on his chest
    and puts in a tranfer request
    Steve Gerard Gerard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Ya thats it.

Another bit is

Steve Gerard Gerard
    He is big and he is fooking sh$t
    Steve Gerard Gerard

He kisses the badge on his chest
    and puts in a tranfer request
    Steve Gerard Gerard
    Cool. Did Gerrard sign a new contract too or what the fúck has that got to do with this thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I wonder what assurances (read:new signings) have now been promised to Fergie. It will be interesting with Gill already saying there is money to spend in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

It was Fergies press conference that was the master stoke , it put the pressure on Rooney to either sign up or ship out giving him the deadline of yesterday afternoon to make his decision or it would be made for him .

But the very fact that it got to that stage where he had to publicly villainise his best player like that and where angry hate mobs were camped outside his house doesn't seem like 'brilliant man management' to me. AS I posted earlier, if he was as good at 'man management' as you lads say it would have never got to that stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Fergie is nothing short of a genius. When he leaves that's when our biggest problem will occur.

I still stand by the fact we are short a few players. Fergie knows it everyone knows it. Whether he see's the value for the players is a different matter.

But a huge +1 for Fergie. Excellent handling of the situation yet again.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Cool. Did Gerrard sign a new contract too or what the fúck has that got to do with this thread?

Nope. Just similar in a way to what happened with Gerard. Don't think that is so off topic.
    So no need to get in a hissy fit.

Rio's on twitter giving out about all the "doubters". All we're guilty of is believing the words that came out of Rooney's mouth, Rio!!! :rolleyes:

But the very fact that it got to that stage where he had to publicly villainise his best player like that and where angry hate mobs were camped outside his house doesn't seem like 'brilliant man management' to me. AS I posted earlier, if he was as good at 'man management' as you lads say it would have never got to that stage.

Not really I'm sure Rooney's agent wanted this to go public. Fergie was well prepared, it's excellent man management. Fergie can't stop Rooney's agent releasing a public statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Iago wrote: »
    lol, and one more poster who I can just skip over in future. If that's the limit of your footballing knowledge and insight I feel confident I won't miss anything too groundbreaking.

What has any of this got to do with footballing knowledge?

Its business kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

the real funny thing here is all the abu's who are now bitter than united are not crumbling as they thought nor is rooney signing for them.

epic fail for xavi for sure anyway, nice to see you like rooney too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Absolutely delighted. Legend Rooney!!!

Now all we have to do is sell Carrick and we are sorted.

Ya because by doing that will suddenly win us the triple and solve all our debt problems. My God you come out with some awful drivel.

article-1321997-0BAE0063000005DC-568_634x370.jpg

s_carnage wrote: »
    Ya because by doing that will suddenly win us the triple and solve all our debt problems. My God you come out with some awful drivel.

Ah I was being sarcastic there pal.

• Advertisement

the real funny thing here is all the abu's who are now bitter than united are not crumbling as they thought nor is rooney signing for them.

Its hilarious, most of them were Liverpool fans trying to divert the attention away from their HUGE mess.

Now the attention is back on their disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

A sad indictment of Irish people and the country we live in that this has been the biggest news story this week in a country that's quickly going down the pan.

It was an epic fail from Xavi.

Its hilarious, most of them were Liverpool fans trying to divert the attention away from their HUGE mess.

We've hit the bottom and we're starting to rebuild, the correct way. Manu is on the way down and will be looking for someone to bail them out shortly.
    Dont worry when we're on the way up and we pass you on the way down i'll give you a wave :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Remind me which club is £800million in debt again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I wonder with the biggest troll of them all(Dunphy) will say after the rubbish he came out with midweek.

But again I'm still not delighted at all of this happening in public.

• Advertisement

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    It was an epic fail from Xavi.
    ah to be fair it was a bit of craic, I don't think he believed Rooney would wind up at City, I enjoyed his sheananigans

We've hit the bottom and we're starting to rebuild, the correct way. Manu is on the way down and will be looking for someone to bail them out shortly.
    Dont worry when we're on the way up and we pass you on the way down i'll give you a wave :)

Keep on believing that. Where is the team being rebuilt? The new owners are not playing on the pitch.

Don't presume Joe Cole will change anything.

According to you a good team is about owners?? We have twice the squad of Liverpool. BIG difference i'm afraid.

Nothing to do with owners. All about the players. Therefore ye are still at the bottom and will remain for a long time . Ha ha

no club

Reming me whih club is bottom on the leauge and playing the worst football in the league.

Good try but not going to divert the attention away from yer mess.

Liam O wrote: »
    ah to be fair it was a bit of craic, I don't think he believed Rooney would wind up at City, I enjoyed his sheananigans
    I didn't mean it in a nasty way, kind of an egg on face thing. It gave me a lol.

• Advertisement

Keep on believing that. Where is the team being rebuilt? The new owners are not playing on the pitch.

Don't presume Joe Cole will change anything.

According to you a good team is about owners?? We have twice the squad of Liverpool. BIG difference i'm afraid.

Nothing to do with owners. All about the players. Therefore ye are still at the bottom and will remain for a long time . Ha ha

How old are you? 9?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

the real funny thing here is all the abu's who are now bitter than united are not crumbling

The financial crisis has gone away all of a sudden has it?
    nor is rooney signing for them.

I didn't particularly want him at Chelsea unless he was going cheap

What self respecting City fan wouldn't take this opportunity to stick the boot in :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

How old are you? 9?

If so he's about 4 years older than you anyway, so show a bit of respect for your elder ;)

How old are you? 9?

Truth hurts doesn't it??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Essien wrote: »
    self respecting City fan

Isnt that an oxymoron?

If so he's about 4 years older than you anyway, so show a bit of respect for your elder ;)

My Da would kill your Da :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Cleese wrote: »
    I am a United fan and this is dispicable.

His antics are shocking, the money is obscene.

If it was Gary Twigg and Rovers, I'd be furious at both - contract or no contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

A sad indictment of Irish people and the country we live in that this has been the biggest news story this week in a country that's quickly going down the pan.

Yeah, I really missed switching on the news and hearing 'WE'RE ALL FúCKED, AHHHH, RUN FOR THE HILLS, THINK OF THE CHILDREN'

Ahh the News, 'Today we have a different 2 people in studio to tell us THEIR perspective on how we're fúcked.

[/end sarcasm]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

good fúcking grief.

quit the childish Utd/Liverpool díck waving.

you've been warned.

• Advertisement
Advertisement