Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband Customers - Opinions Wanted

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Their routers..

Might be worth your while buying your own one. Wireless in general builds blockages and and the wireless stops or becomes too slow to maintain connection.

They all like to be powered off and the static [memory] cleared from time to time, cheaper ones clog up more frequently.

I'm not speaking specifically for their routers as I know nothing about them, my experience goes back years and I was an early wireless adopter who was constantly going back to wired as a series of routers were bought and tried out, eventually I did get a good reliable one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

UPC are brilliant, never had a problem, good price, perfect speed, free to phone them and most importantly free installation, I've moved 5 times in the past 2 years. Also, I just had the basic net package and they told me it'd be an extra 15 euro per month to get tv as well, something like 33 to 48 roughly, I think that's good value for the service. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

UPC is breaking my heart - specifically not being able to get it in Blackrock. Friends up and down the road from me have it, but they haven't laid the cable on my section of the road apparently.

I'll have to stay with Eircom's not quite 8 MB line with it's frequent disconnections :mad:

Advertisement