Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attempted abduction in Rush Co Dublin

Options
  • 22-10-2010 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Just got a text from the school to say there ways an attempted abduction on South Shore Road. The text says its verified by the guards. The only information is it was a white car. It advises people to be careful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Yeah, got that text too. Scary stuff!

Just heard that it was possibly a white Mazda 323, although this is unconfirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Yep, I got a txt also , but from a friend.
    Scary stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shaggygizmo

Hi Cathy, you are right to be worried. I live in Rush and heard police sirens down the road from me on wednesday. Today I received a message from my toddler's montessori teacher warning me to be extra careful as she got a message from the national school, telling her that an attempted abduction on South Shore road (on wed.) had been reported to the police. The police have confirmed this and said that a white car was seen in the attempt. So, while you can't always believe everything you hear, you have to believe somethings and this time it is true and as the mother of a little 3 year old, I won't be letting her out of my sight!!!

Not relevent to DCN but when I was about 8 myself and a friend were caught out in a very heavy rain shower between our two houses (very rural area) and a guy stopped his car and asked us repeatedly to get in. "Come on! I'll drop you home!" over and over. We knew about 99% of our neighbours then, and didn't know this guy, so obviously we kept saying no. He kept going and going while we stood there getting soaked "Come on girls, you're getting drenched, just get in! I'll drop you home!"

Chances are he would have, but still. Never saw him before, still don't know who he was.

There was a confirmed spate of attempted abductions in Swords earlier this year, it pays to be vigilant and teach our kids to be vigilant too. The kids around my area love screaming all effing day long. We were told as kids not to scream in play because then if something happened to us and we screamed, no one would come to help. I've given up looking out for the kids all over our road when they scream. God forbid anything happens to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I got this message to my phone. It is worrying. Just wonder if any of the houses have C.C.TV on their gates and would it be possible to catch a reg number from them.

It is a very busy road where this happened and from 7.30am there are literally hundreds out walking between walking to school and people just out walking dogs etc. Maybe we all need to be a little more vigelant f starange cars in our areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

You said yourself hundreds use that road in the mornings, Rush isnt the size it used to be Leo.. if you stood on the main street with an eye out for dodgy cars you'd be flagging every second or third that passed you.

Still.. shít news. Was the info I was given correct? it was a St Josephs student?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Yeah I just heard 2 minutes ago it was a St. Josephs student.

A WX reg car is not very common if that is accurate. With so much cctv around now I just wonder if it is an option???

It should be, with the amount of houses along the back lanes in Rush with lil cameras outside. They should be checkin shop cameras too for around the time of the attempted abduction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

It should be, with the amount of houses along the back lanes in Rush with lil cameras outside. They should be checkin shop cameras too for around the time of the attempted abduction.

I never knew that there was so much CCTV in a low level crime area, it does raise questions do if these cameras can see more than the person/car at the gate waiting to get in. Hopefully your over estimating the ability of these private camera's, Like would you want your neighbours able to check your movements by camera or see into your house across the road and record. All sorts of legal ramfications there.

Most shop camera would be interior cams or focused on the goods in bay or front door so you will find little information there.

Id say theyre fairly handy, the young lads around Rush go a bit haywire during the weekends and tend to see gardens and private property in general as public domain.

In response to your comments about shop cameras, I remember watching footage of that bus crash that happened on the main street earlier this year. The camera on the front of the hardware was aimed in such a way that you could see the bus coming long before it veered off and crashed into the lamppost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Relevant posts moved from zombie abduction thread.

HB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

I know its a news worthy topic but we seem to have two threads running on the same topic, any chance ohh Great Venerable Mods and doing your Hocus Pocus trick and putting the two together?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I've already moved the relevant posts from the other thread to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

ok, from my understanding, it was a white maza with a wx reg and it was a teenager they tried to take.Either way, and as a mam to an 8 yr old and a 14 year old.I hope they get them, If I had my way.......dont want to be banned.:D
    Cathy

Advertisement