Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom dns cache problem

• 22-10-2010 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

I think that customers of eircom isp can't send me email and that it is being redirected to a previous owner of my domain. Is it possible that eircom's dns servers are caching an out of date MX record for my domain from 5 years ago?

I have tried nslookup on eircom's nameservers to see what they think my MX record should point at but I think I have to be an eircom customer to do this.

any ideas? anyone have similar problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭noxqs

A TTL of 5 years in a MX record, must be a record on its own. Are you sure this is what is happening ? I think the most likely explanation is simpler in that there is spam filters or otherwise in between.

Usually MX records have a TTL of 24-48 hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭dynamick

No I haven't a clue what's happening. but the odd time, eircom sends my email to the previous owner of my domain name.

Advertisement