Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shingles cure

Options
  • 22-10-2010 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

I've heard that some people can give the "cure" for shingles...

anyone know of anyone in the Letterkenny area that does it??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

is this what your talking about? (just googled it)

http://bloodcureforshingles.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

I had shingles, it was awful and the tablets and cream I was prescribed cost a fortune at the time. I'm not even sure that they did any good as the virus is suppressed by the immune system after 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

there used to be a person in Ballyshannon with the cure, but i think she passed away. Last year i had to travel to Enniskillen (or smaller town close by) to get the cure. If you want the address, i find it for you. Its a good 2 hours from Letterkenny.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Senna wrote: »
    there used to be a person in Ballyshannon with the cure, but i think she passed away. Last year i had to travel to Enniskillen (or smaller town close by) to get the cure. If you want the address, i find it for you. Its a good 2 hours from Letterkenny.
    So it worked then?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

thanks for the help guys....think enniskillen's a bit far. it's not too bad so far, more annoying than sore. very managable with a few nurofen plus every day!!

and a quick tip to anyone that may have shingles, take loads of complex b vitamins, and echinacea!! basically take loads of vitamins, but those are the most important ones.

and rest. lots.

which i can't tho..can't afford to take time off work!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

so what exactly is "the cure"?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

byte wrote: »
    So it worked then?

Wasn't for me, cant even remember who it was for, one of the family or friends i think.
    inode wrote: »
    so what exactly is "the cure"?

It was a bottle of white creamy liquid.

I'm always dubious about anything being sold for profit and claiming remarkable healing properties, but i do believe some of these "cures" do work. Have never needed to use one myself *touch wood*

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Oooohhhh, my brother in law was at the NowDoc yesterday and has shingles. €300 for the tablets. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

smashey wrote: »
    Oooohhhh, my brother in law was at the NowDoc yesterday and has shingles. €300 for the tablets. :eek:
    You should have told him to try smirnoff. Worked for me a few years ago :)

And its only £12 a litre in Asda at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

muffler wrote: »

And its only £12 a litre in Asda at the moment

I laughed at that today small print at the bottom of the label "limited to 3 per customer" and there were people with 3 bottles then their partners standing behind them in the Q with 3 then throwing them into the same trolly, lol. I can see there being i high increase of admissions of Alcohol poisioning to the hospitals if they drink all that :P...

anyways back to topic....yeah shingles.........:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 SerenaC

Do you still have the details for this person with the cure for shingles? Know someone who's looking for the cure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Wasn't for me, cant even remember who it was for, one of the family or friends i think.

It was a bottle of white creamy liquid.

I'm always dubious about anything being sold for profit and claiming remarkable healing properties, but i do believe some of these "cures" do work. Have never needed to use one myself *touch wood*

Apparently you can't sell it otherwise it won't work. I had it years ago and got the 'cure' from the woman in Ballyshannon (dunno her name but she lived in Ernedale Heights) and it worked very quickly and within 48hrs it had cleared up nearly completely.

There is also a woman/man in Kiltyclogher (think it's in Leitrim ) that also has the cure.

Advertisement