Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Randi's million $ challange

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

maccored wrote: »
    ah - so they arent looking for people with paranormal abilities then.. they're looking for celebrities.

Glad we got that cleared up. The next asshole who ever mentions randi's challange to me in regards to having anything to do with anything paranormal related, I'll quote them that.

Exactly.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

wow. Such fantastic debating skills from the 'critical thinkers'.

nummnutts - How is my view 'blinkered' exactly? Explain that.

plus:

isnt that ironic. there is no logic to rule 12 if the challange is genuinely open to everyone. Look up what 'ironic' means - i hope you didnt glean your understanding of it from that alanis morrisette song. Look up logic while youre at it too.

strobe - yes I am 'bleedin serious'.

What? I gave up on it?? Do I fu*king well didnt! I outlined that theres no link between paranormal ability and the need to get a 'media prescence' as far as I am aware, I never heard your response to that. Talk about cheek.

More picking and choosing I see. Regardless of what happens, part of the entrance qualifications SHOULDNT be appearing in the papers. I thought the emphasis was on finding paranormal abilities. whats that got to do with being in the papers?

@ Dave! - bigger fool then to be replying to me, eh?

I love the way people resort to all out insults. I will assume then (as will anyone else reading this) that the colelctive answer to rule 12 is that its needed so people can get into the paper.

Fantastic logic behind that and well done all on showing us just how uncritical many on the 'sceptics' forum actually think. And cheers for ending it all with insults Dave. If you cant debate, then I suggest not bothering.

There isn't a facepalm picture epic enough to truly represent how badly you just don't get it. There is just no talking to some people.

If you are still as blind to any reason/explanation after four pages, I fear there is no hope - and I won't be wasting my time trying to convince you otherwise.

So, enjoy the rest of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

so instead of telling me, you conviently dont? Do you really think this is primary school or something here?

Do you really believe that such bullish talk and no substance actually makes you look like you 'get it'?

Explain what I 'dont get', oh wise one. (what I really dont get is just how gullible a lot of you seem to be)

nummnutts wrote: »
    Forgive me if I'm also "missing the point", but is it not just simply a spam filter ?

ahh - heres your answer, yeah? Your answer is 'a spam filter' - wow. amazing.

In order to prove you have paranormal abilities, you need to go through a 'spam filter' that includes getting media attention.

how the f*ck does that work? You need to get media attention to show you have paranormal abilities and you call that a spam filter? And then you say that I 'dont get it' - hahaha :pac:

i have to admit, you're a funny bunch of people in here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Glad we got that cleared up. The next asshole who ever mentions randi's challange to me in regards to having anything to do with anything paranormal related, I'll quote them that.

It's fairly obvious to me now that your whole agenda for this thread has been to come to this conclusion, no matter what anyone says.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Standman wrote: »
    It's fairly obvious to me now that your whole agenda for this thread has been to come to this conclusion, no matter what anyone says.

The whole thread comes across as more of a rant than actually finding out why this 'rule 12' exists - because lets face it, reasons/explanations have been given.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I fear we've been trolled :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Standman wrote: »

Hmmm. I think what happened is he was kind of struck by the fact that no one had won the competition. So he set himself a mission to find out why (obviously can't be because no super humans with magic powers exist, after all). So he sat down and scoured the website looking for the explanation. When he came across rule 12 he jumped at what to him, seemed to have no explanation other than to prevent the competition being won. So, probably after eating a plate of celebration pancakes, came here to point out his well thought out and hard won revelation. That's when his plan unraveled and those pancakes started to give him heartburn......

Rather than everyone going "holy cow!!! I never noticed that before, you are completely right!!" as expected. A bunch of people just pointed out reasons rule 12 might exist. Reasons he hadn't thought of himself. So, in typical fashion, he deployed that most famous of debating techniques; the "Bla bla bla, nah nah nah, I can't hear you, I can't hear you" defense.

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad and predictable.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I cant see how this discussion can progress any more. So Im closing the thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement