Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The great giveaway!

Options
  • 22-10-2010 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

Well lads, it's been a lot of fun but I'm gonna be hanging up my street fighting boots because i've just been offered my dream job! In fact it's more of a full-time career than a job and a lot of the time I won't be in Ireland so I won't have the time.

This means that I have a lot of stuff that i need to get rid of before I move and because I need to get rid of it more than i need the money from it, I'm gonna donate most of the stuff to the scene in general so that they can be used in tournaments (or as prizes for tournaments) and whatnot.

So here's a list of the stuff that I would preferably like Orim or Doom to take or to distribute as they see fit:

VGA splitter for spectator setups
    VGA monitor
    PS2 loaded with fighting games on HD (perfect for running Day of Champions)
    The animaX ps2 stick with converters for xbox/ps3
    6 button plexi plate for Madcatz TE
    Sanwa JLF and buttons
    Various pieces of modding junk (cable, microswitches, restrictor gates, quick disconnects, dust covers, balltops etc)
    A brand new sega megadrive (new re-branded model) with internal games
    Datel arcade stick shell with plexi
    Dual modding pcb

I will be holding on to my dual-modded stick and two copies of the game just in case but my xbox is going to my brother in wexford.

If i think of anything else that i need rid of i'll post more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

where you moving to ? :(
    Having no time for SF is silly, you will need to vent after work.
    what about weekends? i work too, so does paul, brian, ajay, ken and to a lesser extent dan,chopper and patrick [jkn guys ;D] etc

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Congrats man!

But still :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

congrats - whats de job? Defining a Unified Theory? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Placebo wrote: »
    where you moving to ? :(
    Having no time for SF is silly, you will need to vent after work.
    what about weekends? i work too, so does paul, brian, ajay, ken and to a lesser extent dan,chopper and patrick [jkn guys ;D] etc

Initially moving to newry but will be sent abroad after that. It's not about not having time, it's about starting a new chapter. If i find that I do have spare time then i'm sure i can pick it up again.

Placebo wrote: »
    brian

I'm also out of the country up to 5 months of the year. I've just gotten really good at organising my schedule, so it can be done man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

I'm also out of the country up to 5 months of the year. I've just gotten really good at organising my schedule, so it can be done man!

You don't actually work though.

Silver lining: Wont have to deal with your Rufus..... Best of luck Terry. :D

Hmmm sure you just dont know your schedule,
    Sometimes i stay back in the office till 12, or il be working on weekends.
    I've worked from home days before xmas.

I sent a broadcast on acid on newsyears eve at a party in mine ! :):rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Yes no more dive kicks.

Honestly though Terry. Ya don't have to be on the scratcher to ensure you have enough time to play SF.

I put money on it you'll be back. Nothing beats kicking seven shades of Sh*t outa some one after a stressful day in work

sad-tiger-264x300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

:(

Congratz on the job and I hope it goes well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Best of luck boya.

And now that he pleasentries are out of the way, how much for the 6 button plate? =)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Ohh i've a real job now..Street fighter is so immature.
    I'm a doctor now. I play back gammon and sip cognac:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Megadrive, you say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Congrats man, and fair play for offering the stuff for prizes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Fair play Terry

Sairus wrote: »
    Best of luck boya.

And now that he pleasentries are out of the way, how much for the 6 button plate? =)
    Voa wrote: »
    Megadrive, you say?
    Tallon wrote: »
    Congrats man, and fair play for offering the stuff for prizes

Thanks all! Well if the council of elders don't have the capacity to take the donations then it will be first come first served. In which case sairus gets the plexi and voa gets the megadrive. But i'd like to see what the executive committee have to say first.

On topic talk: I don't have much room for more stuff right now. I've already got 2 boxed TEs taking up the little room I have left.

Seeing as both you and sisko are out of commision, I guess it lies to me to look after the A/v stuff though, so I will take the splitter/ cabling for it/ whatever.

EDIT: The sticks should prob be prizes in tournaments if you really don't want to keep them. I think kiki's earned the jlf/ buttons etc for his services in servicing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

If (and this is a big if) there isnt any interest I would love the PS2 or the Vga splitter / monitor

I obviously will get the ps2 stick as you all seen me suffer at SVB when playing 3rs strike, begging the french and getting rejected, WELL **** U TOO, u look like a monkey ******.
    Anyway yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

Very nice of you! Good luck at new job.

I want your PS2 and stick :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Best of luck with the new job Terry. If you're based in Newry, surely you could still attend DragonSlayers events though?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Congrats Terry, good luck with the new job but remember street fighter will always haunt you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Tournament Wise : Monitor and splitter is needed. As stated the PS2 would be very useful for DoC and Project Fights and other such tournaments.

The stick and the Mega Drive would be good for prizes. My intial thoughts would be give the Mega Drive to Sabre for the Glacial League and use the stick for the "AnimaX Testimonal Pub Tournament" if we can ever get it running.

Everything could go first come first served imo.

I'm willing to store the stuff until it's given away or Terry wants it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Good luck Terry, hope it all goes well for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Sorry to see you go Terry.

With the new roads they've put in, it doesn't take that long to get to Newry from Dublin on the M1, so hopefully you'll be able to pop down.

I have a job too, so I've never gone to midweek casuals, but I always try to make time for the odd Inferno at least, I'm sure you could too.

Also agree with Doom that various modding bits/bobs should go to Kiki for his PCB party.

Orim wrote: »
    Tournament Wise : Monitor and splitter is needed. As stated the PS2 would be very useful for DoC and Project Fights and other such tournaments.

The stick and the Mega Drive would be good for prizes. My intial thoughts would be give the Mega Drive to Sabre for the Glacial League and use the stick for the "AnimaX Testimonal Pub Tournament" if we can ever get it running.

I'm willing to store the stuff until it's given away or Terry wants it back.

Yeah excellent, that's what i was hoping for. I'd prefer to see the ps2 (and the ps2 stick) used for tournaments rather than going to any individual.

Monitor and splitter should be used for tournaments too but bear in mind that it is not compatible with the Hauppauge unless someone buys a component to VGA adaptor.

I'll will try my best to organise a going-away pub tournament!

So yeah i'm entrusting the goods to you then Orim. Giving some stuff to the Limerick and soon-to-be cork crowds would be nice too. I'll bring stuff along bit by bit to the next few tournaments.

Sorry to see you go Terry.

With the new roads they've put in, it doesn't take that long to get to Newry from Dublin on the M1, so hopefully you'll be able to pop down.

I have a job too, so I've never gone to midweek casuals, but I always try to make time for the odd Inferno at least, I'm sure you could too.

Also agree with Doom that various modding bits/bobs should go to Kiki for his PCB party.

Thanks dave. But as mentioned earlier, its not so much about having the time it's more a matter of choice. Plus, being a competitive person, I wouldn't like to enter a tournament without regular practice.

I think the jlf and buttons could go as prizes but the rest of the stuff could be useful to kiki alright, or anyone else who fancies a bit of modding

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

Congratulations Terry, good luck with your job! Even if it's just a poor excuse for the real reason you're leaving. Fear. Of me.
    animaX wrote: »
    Thanks all! Well if the council of elders don't have the capacity to take the donations then it will be first come first served.

Hmm. Just in case, I claim the following:
    animaX wrote: »
    Well lads, it's been a lot of fun but I'm gonna be hanging up my street fighting boots because i've just been offered my dream job! In fact it's more of a full-time career than a job and a lot of the time I won't be in Ireland so I won't have the time.

This means that I have a lot of stuff that i need to get rid of before I move and because I need to get rid of it more than i need the money from it, I'm gonna donate most of the stuff to the scene in general so that they can be used in tournaments (or as prizes for tournaments) and whatnot.

So here's a list of the stuff that I would preferably like Orim or Doom to take or to distribute as they see fit:

VGA splitter for spectator setups
    VGA monitor
    PS2 loaded with fighting games on HD (perfect for running Day of Champions)
    The animaX ps2 stick with converters for xbox/ps3
    6 button plexi plate for Madcatz TE
    Sanwa JLF and buttons
    Various pieces of modding junk (cable, microswitches, restrictor gates, quick disconnects, dust covers, balltops etc)
    A brand new sega megadrive (new re-branded model) with internal games

I will be holding on to my dual-modded stick and two copies of the game just in case but my xbox is going to my brother in wexford.

If i think of anything else that i need rid of i'll post more.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Congrats Terry.
    Best of luck with everything man.

• Advertisement

First Patrick THE WITCH
    then JIM [barry]
    Then SISKO
    now TERRY

next 'insert attention seekers name'

im here to stay FYI , unfortunately for some ;)

Advertisement