Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend Managers, Penneys

Options
  • 22-10-2010 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Why do Penneys keep advertising for Weekend Managers at Tralee and Killarney? Must have been running this for about the last 4 months. Why can't they get anyone for this? I tried, but despite the 7 years I had running my own retail outlet they said I don't have enough retail experience!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

I know this feeling and talking to some friends in the recruitment industry they were saying to me that someone like Pennys would be looking for someone with your years of experience however the turnover of your retail unit might not match up to their demands.

I was looking at positions where they asked for a min 5 years experience(which I have) however they fail to mention that they are also looking for people who have managed units turning over a min €500k a week or a multi site role with a weekly turnover of €5m

what they are saying in effect is that in their opnion you would not cope with the workload of their unit based on turnover variencies betweens your unit and their large store regardless of your experience.

They would feel that you would not be strong enough to manage a team of people and the workload that comes with a turnover x a difference from your experience.

personally I believe it to be BS however they are looking for what they consider the best. Have you gone to a recruiter even if its just the free advice on your CV etc? might be worth a shot that maybe your CV is not selling you?

Advertisement