If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Home - Complete Package Required

Options
  • 22-10-2010 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭

Hi, A friend suggested this forum as he got a nice setup from you. Anyway me and my partner are just finishing a new home and would like a complete setup TV's, Sat, Audio etc.

We are looking for a bit of deal really with delivery to Cork.

My basic requirement is as follows

Room 1 - Very large family room, pre wired walls for 5.1 surround sound. Wall is also wired with 2xHDMI and 1x Scart cable for the TV. We are seriously considering 3D so the system should be easily upgradeable.

TV - Minimum 46" capable of playing content from USB, wifi would be bonus. We both like the picture from the Samsung LED range.

Satellite - Freesat PVR

Surround Sound - Do we need receiver? Is it a surround sound amp as well? Anyway hooked up would be TV, SAT, Blue ray and Xbox

Speakers - Walls/ceiling is pre-wired so do you have flush mounting speakers?

Blue ray player

Room 2 - Formal lounge, can be a much cheaper setup

TV - Minimum 46" capable of playing content from USB, wifi would be bonus. This will be the main room for playing a Xbox so a TV suitable for gaming.

Satellite - HD Freeview

Surround Sound - Do we need receiver? Is it a surround sound amp as well? Anyway hooked up would be TV, SAT, Blue ray and Xbox

Speakers - Walls/ceiling is pre-wired so do you have flush mounting speakers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Krissovo

I can suggest a couple of TV's that you may be interested in as alternatives to the samsungs

For room ONE can I suggest the Philips 46PFL8605H?
    This is the latest in our 8 series range
    Check here for full specs'
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/46pfl8605h_12_pss_eng.pdf
    This is a LED EDGE LIT LCD TV
    its 3D Ready (just add glasses - you get these FREE with this TV at the moment -worth €249.99. You'll also need a 3D BR Player)
    It has a fantastic contrast ratio of 500000:1
    200Hz refresh rate
    1ms response time - so handles motion very well
    its a Philips wired NET TV but you can make it wireless with the PTA01 wifi dongle (€49.99)

This has been a very popular TV of late and look amazing with HD programming - its one of our favourite TV's

We sell this TV for €1999.99

For Room TWO
    Check out the 46PFL7605H

http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/46pfl7605h_05_pss_eng.pdf

This TV is pretty similar spec wise to the 8605 but has
    100Hz Refresh rate and a 2ms response time and usess the Pixel Precise HD image processor
    This TV is not a 3D ready set
    It is a NET TV as per the 8605 and can be made wireless with the same PTA01 dongle

We sell this one for €1699.99

Both these TV's have a 5 year warranty offer at the moment

I have both on display and would be to demo them for you if you call on in.

Let me know what you think:)

The lads in Richer Sounds would be better able to guide you on the HIFi side of things if you contact them.
    Dave looks after boardies up there, you'll find him lurking about on Boards or you can buzz him on 0044 333 900 0070

atb
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Krossovo.

Can I just ask you one questions before I launch some pricing and suggestions your direction ?

Are all your cables coming out very high up the walls, at head height or at ground level ?

Cheers

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.