Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peanut recipes?

Options
  • 22-10-2010 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Lots of Asian influenced dishes have chopped or crushed peanuts sprinkled on top as a garnish. Usually the dry, stir fry type dishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭p15574

Satay and massaman curry come to mind off the top of my head

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

This is peanut butter but you could just mash them up.
    rubadub wrote: »
    Chilli & Garlic Peanut Chicken
    1-2 Chicken fillets
    Garlic -to your taste
    Chilli -to your taste
    Soy sauce
    1 tablespoon peanut butter

I cut the chicken into small bits with a scissors. Fry them in a saucepan (which has a lid, but do not put it on first) in a little butter or oil, over a high heat until they begin to go brown. Add the garlic & chilli, I only use a little, stir well and cook for a short while, now add a few dashes of soy sauce and put the lid on the saucepan and turn the heat off. This will steam the chicken and cook it through without it going dry, the saucepan also stops fat spattering. If the chicken is finely diced it will cook quickly. After a minute put a good tablespoon of peanut butter in the pan and stir it around so all the chicken is coated, I would still have it turned off and cooking/warming from residual heat.

This tastes like a satay type dish with the peanuts, some think it sounds odd cooking with peanut butter but I love it. Chicken & peanut butter on their own is nice as long as the peanut butter is still warm & runny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

Make peanut butter, then make peanut butter and dark chocolate chip cookies. Yum.

Edit: milk chocolate. Just remembered that I only make these with dark chocolate when that's all I have in the house, they're much yummier with milk chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Peanuts work really well in a stir-fry.

Also...the spicy peanut dip accompanying chicken satay. I generally use Maddhur Jaffrey's recipe from her Ultimate Curry Bible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,502 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Seroendeng!

Brilliant just with rice. Originally from Indonesia, I think

I've never actually made it myself, but I can't wait! Will report back here when I've made it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Panang Curry - highly recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 65,502 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Plowman wrote: »

Here it is! I thought it would be nice for it to have its own thread :)

Advertisement