Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC world Naas

Options
  • 22-10-2010 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭

Needed a set of 4x aa energiser batteries for my digital camera . went to pc world in naas price of 14..99 euros ? . saw them in tescos later for 12.99 euro . Are these prices the norm ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Rochie IRL

I was in Tesco Naas yesterday looking for AA batteries. I saw the 4 pack for €12.99 and thought it had to be an error. It's not :eek: It was for a new type of long life battery called media battery or something. I thought Tesco would have had the duracell offer of the 8 pack with 4 of them free but they didn't. I got the powerlife batteries two racks below...lol.
    Try Woodies they have the offer packs on batteries. €12.99 is a total joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

im just gonna jump in here and recommend rechargeable batteries with the plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,357 ✭✭✭bladespin

Normal prices for PC world from my experience anyway, from looking for €40 for a VGA cable thatI bought elsewhere (same brand etc) for €12 to €18 photo paper that can be bought on ebay for €3.99 = €2 postage, the list is endless but it is convienient if you're stuck for something.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Rochie IRL

robbie_998 wrote: »
    im just gonna jump in here and recommend rechargeable batteries with the plug.
    ;) have it already but made the error of not having them charged and was stuck :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭johnboysligo

Needed a set of 4x aa energiser batteries for my digital camera . went to pc world in naas price of 14..99 euros ? . saw them in tescos later for 12.99 euro . Are these prices the norm ?

9 euros in HMV got me 18 AA batteries might have been a sale item it was near the tills. Just thought I should throw that in there.

Pc World might have half decent deals on computers and some bits and bobs but its the cables and consumables that they make alot more money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Pc World might have half decent deals on computers and some bits and bobs but its the cables and consumables that they make a lot more money.

Oldest trick in the book, the supermarkets do it all the time, get them in for the bargain headline items and screw them on the impulse purchases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What type batteries where they? Different types cost more. Regular Alkalines can be gotten for as little as a fiver for a decent quality 8 pack....but if you're buying Lithium or Rechargable they're going to be more expensive. The ones you saw were definitely not regular Alkalines, Pc World wouldn't be renowned for their prices but they're not quite that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Rechargeable Ni-Mh AA batteries of at least 2500 mAh rating are essential for digital cameras, only use alkalines for emergencies. Apart from the fact that they are reusable, the rechargeables can power up the flash much faster than alkalines so for indoor events like a wedding or any type of party you are wasting your time using alkalines.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

5 euros in Atlantic for 8.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

£13.49 plus around a fiver for delivery for 40 Duracell AA's from 7dayshop.com. When you see prices like that for batteries, it makes you realize the type of mark up there is on shop prices for batteries. Even taking into account all the factors that make it more expensive, they are still way over priced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

Try Here and search batteries and just choose what suites. I think there may be a minimum order and they deliver with UPS so it takes a day or two depending on what time of the day you order

Advertisement