Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contact AIB about a change of address and a change of account type (i.e. to current)

Options
  • 22-10-2010 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭

Hello. How would I contact AIB if I were to change address? Also, I have a student account. How can I switch it back to a current account (as it was originally)? Can I do this over the phone with AIB? Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Hi,

You cannot do this over the phone as i just called up about the exact same thing there on monday.
    Its against regulatory obiligation to do so aparently loadabo!!ox tho my bank statements are been redirect from old address.
    You need to bring your Passport or Driving License to the Local AIB branch and they'll do it there and then

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Worztron

Hi Sgt. Bilko 09.

That was a quick reply.

So do you mean I need to call into the bank to change my address?

Do you also mean I need to call into the bank to change my account from student plus back to current?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Well the minute i seen it i no your pain ha.

AIB like all bank have a policy that they do not change detail over phone conversation due to confidentality reasons.

Which is the reason why you need your ID with you when changing details at banks.

and yes you have to go to your local AIB branch to change all your information I still haven't gone to my local branch yet but i call them monday morning thats exactly what they told me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

You cannot do this over the phone as i just called up about the exact same thing there on monday.

Lies. All you need is a code card, they'll do it over the phone then. I did it myself not 6 weeks ago.

Thank you Sgt. Bilko 09. BTW Monday is a bank holiday though. ;)

• Advertisement

testicle wrote: »
    Lies. All you need is a code card, they'll do it over the phone then. I did it myself not 6 weeks ago.

Well your in a bogey bank branch so but i was told monday the start of this week that they can't its confidentail im telling him thats what they told me i was giving him information i was told recently because they would do its over the phone so dont me a fcuking liar

Worztron wrote: »
    Thank you Sgt. Bilko 09. BTW Monday is a bank holiday though. ;)
    I called them last monday bud ha this monday is the bank holiday ha :D

I called them last monday bud ha this monday is the bank holiday ha :D

My mistake. :o

Worztron wrote: »
    My mistake. :o
    haha nay boda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Well your in a bogey bank branch so but i was told monday the start of this week that they can't its confidentail im telling him thats what they told me i was giving him information i was told recently because they would do its over the phone so dont me a fcuking liar

I wasn't in any branch. Ring 24-hour banking, presuming you're registered, it's even outlined here - http://www.aib.ie/servlet/Satellite?c=IBContent_C&cid=1231170959209&pagename=aib-IBHelpInfo%2Faib-ib_main&section=aib-S005#q04

• Advertisement

testicle wrote: »
    I wasn't in any branch. Ring 24-hour banking, presuming you're registered, it's even outlined here - http://www.aib.ie/servlet/Satellite?c=IBContent_C&cid=1231170959209&pagename=aib-IBHelpInfo%2Faib-ib_main&section=aib-S005#q04

Excellent. Thank you. :D

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Sgt Bilko 09, please read the charter in relation to swearing on the forum. Boards has an inbuilt swear filter, please do not try to bypass it by using symbols or rearranging letters. Swearing is not permitted on this forum.

Advertisement