Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circuit Court Cases

Options
  • 22-10-2010 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows the time when the Circuit Court on Washington Street is busiest. I presume it's the morning, like 10.30 am? Do courts run all day, and at what times are they typically adjourned for lunch?

Also, when does the Central Criminal Court sit in Cork? Where can I find out these dates?

Any other good info and tips for viewing of good cases/best judges, etc. would be great too!

Thanks a million.

Ed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

When we were on the hop from school and had no money we used to head to the court house for a days entertainment, sandwitches in hand!

It was a bit mad really that a court full of gardai would not think it odd that the same 5/6 school boys were stiing at the back of the court for lots of various random cases.

I have no tbeen there for over 15 years but the morning was the best then, although soem cases would go on over a coupel of days - like a soap opera really!

The best way to see what are the best cases to see would be to look at the Examiner maybe, otherwise its really just pot luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

goto the court and look at the list for the names of the cases that are on that day.

also visit www.courts.ie

failing that - just turn up and sit down (unless the hearing has an "in camera" sign - that means only people involved in the case are allowed into hear it)

District court cases are the ones with the most humour - or even district court appeals - the excuses offered to the judges (and what they will accept is ridiculous) ..... "yer honour I didnt know I was speedin and anyway I thought it was a 120km limit zone" ... I actually heard that excuse given a few years ago for someone who was caught speeding 140km/hr in an 80km/hr zone .... the lucky fecker somehow got his conviction/fine for speeding overturned...how ??? ...I will never know.

watch them turn up in their tracksuits for court ?? most courts start with a call-over of the list ...so at 10.30 they will go through all the names on the list and then start hearing the cases ...so cases should start between 10.30-11am I think.

Advertisement