Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom vs. UPC

• 22-10-2010 3:58pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm with Eircom at the moment, paying €60 a month for an 8mb line. I'm only getting speeds of 5.26 - 5.40. Ping is ok-ish too.

I game quite a bit and download a lot too so I'm looking to switch to UPC's 30mb Fibre Powered Broadband for €42 a month.

Has anybody switched from Eircom to UPC with no issues/hassle?
    Would you recommend switching off from Eircom to go to UPC?

The last thing I want is to switch off one service and then have to go crawling back at a later date.

Thanks very much!

Eircom vs. UPC 1 vote

Eircom
    0% 0 votes
    UPC
    100% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,858 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Has anybody switched from Eircom to UPC with no issues/hassle?
    Would you recommend switching off from Eircom to go to UPC?
    Yes, and yes.

Only problem was it takes a month for your phone number to switch over, so I was charged an extra month for eircom when I wasn't even using it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Veja Du?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

UPC.

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

More than likely it will be good, though there are a few who are having issues with UPC's service. They have upgraded a lot of their network, but there are areas where the congestion seems to be effecting people still.

You should check if the phone service is available, as it doesn't seem to be available to some, even if broadband is available.

Advertisement