Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mystery

Options
  • 22-10-2010 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,
    We are in a middle end terrace and although we don't own any pets we have what looks like dog poo in our garden a couple of times a week. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. It is extremely frustrating as there is no way that I can see that a dog could get into the garden and neither neighbour has a dog. Have ruled out cats so looking for any other possible explanation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

It was me...... Sorry:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

cullen5998 wrote: »
    It was me...... Sorry:o

After hours is this way =======>

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

could be a fox in scavaging around your bins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Dinosaur123

No external entrance to the back garden, or bins/food out the back, so a bit of a mystery, there are connecting gardens at the back with dog owners, but I hope that there is another explanation!:confused:. Has anyone seen any foxes etc, in their gardens that could be the culprit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Hedgehog poo is supposedly quite big. I haven't seen it in my garden but I have seen a hedgehog hanging around the main road that goes up Charlesland, who fights with my cat. He may be trouble!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

how have you ruled out cats?

Yeah ruled out cats for definate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

seriously, cat and dog droppings are very similar, how have you ruled them out?

Had a few cat owners who happened to be in my house look as I thought that it was a cat at first too(theres always loads of them around our garden.) They all said that from their experience that it definately wasn't from a cat - Not having ever owned a cat I didn't know myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Yep, foxes are about. Once they find food by jumping a few fences. They will always come back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,935 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

can't believe a fox would be able to jump the fences, or would bother jumping over several of them (would put it quite a vulnerable position).

Hedgehog, dogs, etc defintely wouldn't be able to get over the fence either - I'd be amazed if its not a cat, given that Charlesland is full of cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

yeah i'd say a fat arse'd cat. Probably fell into your garden with his fat ass, then skipped away after shedding a few grams.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

loyatemu wrote: »
    can't believe a fox would be able to jump the fences, or would bother jumping over several of them (would put it quite a vulnerable position).

Hedgehog, dogs, etc defintely wouldn't be able to get over the fence either - I'd be amazed if its not a cat, given that Charlesland is full of cats.
    Poor old cynical Loya. Hedgehogs are excellent fence climbers, at home in suburbia and visit our garden regularly. Foxes ditto. When you read a report of a fox in Hackney biting a childs face in her bedroom, asume he did not have a front door key.

Advertisement