Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom are the lowest of the low

• 22-10-2010 5:01pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So in the long running saga im having with eircom i finally got an answer this afternoon, im stuck with congestion :(

For 7 months now im suffering congestion in the evenings, everyone has the same issue in the town.
    Back in 07 i had the same problem but eventually they upgraded the exchange and all was well until 7 months ago when it all started again.
    I done the usual ringing of support and going through the usual garbage,eventually got sick of that and made a formal complaint to eircom.
    All they done was asked me to ring support, i mean you make a formal complaint and they reply with such BS after i told them i had contacted support many times :mad:
    After being fobbed off yet some more i insisted on speaking to someone other than whoever was telling me to contact support.
    Eventually some manager contacted me and looked into the issue.
    After a few more calls to me during the week he got back to me this afternoon and said there is nothing they are willing to do.
    I put it to him about back in 07 that and upgrade fixed the issue and that they refuse to do anything because they are marketing NGB as congestion free and therefore will not sort out those exchanges with congestion for obvious reasons , his answer was "yes you are probably correct" :rolleyes:

Magnet are offering me their magnet swift option which is basically eircoms resold 8mb offering but with a better contention of 12:1 as opposed to 48:1
    Realistically i want to jump ship but am keen to know of anyone who is on a similar package.
    I realize the congestion may not be sorted fully but surely it will be an improvement plus why should i give eircom anymore money when they refuse to address this?
    Its just sickening that they virtually give me the two fingers after being a customer of 10 years or more :mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

Yea eircom are really bad over price broadband but vodaphone is also magnet LLU good but swift dont have a clue if it be good or bad but they have a large download limit compared to eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

i am stuck with eircom, where in am all the other providers are just reselling eircom so theres no point in changing at the minute. i am in the process of building my own wireless network, with equipment from http://www.airaya.com/ i should be up and running soon with this.

then im going to ditch eircom... as i will have my own high speed link.

thus resulting in the cancellation of a few eircom lines. :):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

Condi wrote: »

a metro business office package 8mb \ 2mb link for internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

• Advertisement
Advertisement