Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for someone Sligo-based a while back

Options
  • 22-10-2010 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hiya,

just wondering if anyone on boards.ie can help me in finding a friend I used to know 8 years ago (2002).

She was originally from New Zealand and her name was Sarah Bertram. She lived in Sligo town for about a year or so (maybe a bit less). She was 30 at the time. I can't remember where she was working, but it was something to do with cleaning anyway. She knew a few people from "Dervish" (who doesn't? :D).

What else? She had longish curly black hair and shared a house with an English girl for a while (I can't remember her name). She was making jewelry as a hobby (Sarah was, not the other girl). Oh yes, and she had an Irish boyfriend for a while, she called him Deccy.

Over the years, I tried to find her by googling her but nothing relevant turns up. The only e-mail address that I have for her is not functioning, AFAIK.

Sarah was a lovely, sound girl, and I'd love to know how she is doing these days, where ever she is.

Thank you for any help or information! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

have you tried facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭geekychick

Hi artyeva :),

hope you are well!

No, I haven't tried facebook as I wouldn't be up for opening an account on it. But thinking on it now, perhaps I could rope in one of my friends who do have accounts, to try and find her.

I am actually surprised there has been no news through here, as Sligo town is certainly not a massive place (used to spend many a great weekend there! :D) so I figured everyone knows everyone, hard to get lost in a faceless crowd kind of thing...

Obviously, I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

geekychick wrote: »
    Hi artyeva :),

hope you are well!

No, I haven't tried facebook as I wouldn't be up for opening an account on it. But thinking on it now, perhaps I could rope in one of my friends who do have accounts, to try and find her.

I am actually surprised there has been no news through here, as Sligo town is certainly not a massive place (used to spend many a great weekend there! :D) so I figured everyone knows everyone, hard to get lost in a faceless crowd kind of thing...

Obviously, I was wrong.
    while i agree sligo is not a bustling metropolis,however is not that small that everyone knows eachother

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I don't know my neighbours names, never mind "everyone".

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Only suggestion i can think of is if maybe if she sold the jewelary, maybe one or two of the hand craft shops in the town (am sure have seen one or two) could put her in contact with you if she ever had dealing with them.

There are also online directory sites which compile social network sites and professional sites. Ie, you serch for name and it gives you some of the sites they are on, now only works if they make their infomation available though.
    One such site is called 'linked in'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Hi geekychick I used to work in Fureys back in thoes days and remember Sarah alright, I am sending you a PM now of contact detilas of someone who may be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭geekychick

bennyc wrote: »
    Hi geekychick I used to work in Fureys back in thoes days and remember Sarah alright, I am sending you a PM now of contact detilas of someone who may be able to help.

Hi bennyc,

and THANK YOU!! :) Great news! :D

Advertisement