Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Western Conference Finals 2002

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Better team won. Refs can't stop Stojakovic choking in the clutch.

Refereeing was dodgy in game 6, and shouldn't have happened, but the Kings still had chances to clinch the series and couldn't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Can't agree with the "better team won" comment - you can't play 5 on 8! Refs cost the Kings at least one, and probably 2 games. There should never have been a Game 7, series should have been over by then. You even say yourself that the refereeing was dodgy in Game 6 shouldn't have happened, so not sure how you can blame it all on Peja missing a shot. We're not talking one or two bad calls in Game 6, we're talking double figures.

Ever been REALLY screwed by refs in a game? I have. And I can still recall them. Forget all the other conspiracies they allude to in the videos, bottom line is refs shouldn't decide the outcome of a game - and they did in this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Cuddlytroll

Ever been REALLY screwed by refs in a game? I have. And I can still recall them. Forget all the other conspiracies they allude to in the videos, bottom line is refs shouldn't decide the outcome of a game - and they did in this series.
    I have to agree fully with this comment. I've seen refs dictate results that they really had no right to, and I sympathise fully with anyone who's been on the receiving end of this treatment. I think the videos have a huge degree of bias and a touch of the tinfoil hat about them, but I do still think that the refs unfairly influenced the game in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Only saw this thread now. Easily the worst officiated series in NBA history.

Better team clearly did not win. Kings had a better regular season record, were better both offensively and defensively, and clearly were the better team throughout the series and would have won were it not for some farcical officiating.

Not going to watch the vids since I'm a Kings fan and have seen them loads of times before. Typical for #15 to come out with such rubbish, take off the gay yellow tinted glasses! As is obvious, Lakers fans are still the only ones to deny the blatanty obvious injustice that took place here.

Watch Lakers games now, refs still act as a 6th man. The rules have always been different for the Lakers and they always will be.

moneyman wrote: »
    Only saw this thread now. Easily the worst officiated series in NBA history.

Better team clearly did not win. Kings had a better regular season record, were better both offensively and defensively, and clearly were the better team throughout the series and would have won were it not for some farcical officiating.

Not going to watch the vids since I'm a Kings fan and have seen them loads of times before. Typical for #15 to come out with such rubbish, take off the gay yellow tinted glasses! As is obvious, Lakers fans are still the only ones to deny the blatanty obvious injustice that took place here.

Watch Lakers games now, refs still act as a 6th man. The rules have always been different for the Lakers and they always will be.

You're on a wind-up. Worse, you've got people thanking it!!

Pacific%20champs%203%20800x600.jpg

nba_g_kobe_artest_576.jpg

• Advertisement

Typical. Completely irrelevant to the topic. Just shows how you're reverting to the predictable straw clutching that Lakers bandwag... I mean fans always do!

Here's another one for your little guys who like to wear yellow, scream on every play, and rape women.

robert-horry-lastsecond-shot-vs-sacramento-kings-21385896.jpg

2001_2002_la_lakers_western_conference_champions_composite_photofile.jpg

lakers04.jpg

lakers-lose-edge-in-game-4.jpg

lakers-bryant-reacts-during-game-the-2010-nba-finals-basketball-series-against-celtics-boston.jpg

celtics.jpg

bostonceltics2008nbachampions_nc_display.jpg

Nice pics of the Celtics celebrations. You should have posted the pics of the Kings championship celebrations though:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

You're clearly just trolling at this stage. Are you that easily amused?

• Advertisement

You're clearly just trolling at this stage. Are you that easily amused?

I know moneyman in real life, I'm just winding him up a bit.

He came in all guns blazing.
    Typical for #15 to come out with such rubbish, take off the gay yellow tinted glasses!

I'm just responding in kind:pac::pac:

Advertisement