Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2010 Ford FAI Cup Final - Aviva Stadium - €10 a ticket

• 22-10-2010 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭

rte.ie wrote:
    The Football Association of Ireland have announced that tickets for the FAI Ford Cup final will go on sale to supporters at the discounted rates of €10 and €5 to mark the first FAI Ford Cup final at Aviva Stadium.

Tickets will be distributed to Sligo Rovers and Shamrock Rovers next Wednesday, 27 October, and will go on sale through club outlets later that week.

The decider will take place at the newly refurbished Lansdowne Road venue on 14 November and will kick off at 3.30pm. To mark the occasion, ticket prices will be €10 for adults and €5 for Under-16s.

Eleven FAI Cup finals were played at the old Lansdowne Road between 1990 and 2006.
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/1022/faicupfinal.html

Ten quid for a cup final in the Aviva, great initiative from the FAI to promote the game here. Should attract 20000+. Cant wait.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Probably the first time I've been able to stomach saying this.
    Here it goes.

Fair play to the FAI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Amazing value, considering I paid €18 to get into the Cork county final down in Pairc Ui Chaoimh last Sunday.

If the weather cooperates it should surpass the 26k that attended the Cork vs Drogehda final in 2005.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Brilliant idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Namabillion

I'm nearly tempted to go at that price and i'm not a huge LOI fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I'm nearly tempted to go at that price and i'm not a huge LOI fan.
    Think thats the idea chief ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

That's great, I'll be going then. Hopefully the 'Reds' can go one better than last years final and beat the 'hoops'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

great idea. hopefully will get at least the full bottom tier, which would lead to a savage atmosphere. with the premium level also including the fai cup final, that should also add another 5,000 or so, so hopefully will be a great occasions.

well done to the fai. 25,000 people paying 5 or 10 euro is alot more benificial in the long run than 10,000 people paying 20euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

So do ya get them off the club or TicketMaster?

Wouldn't wanna be stuck in with the Sligo crowd..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Good stuff, i will go to the final now and shall be a Sligo fan for the day :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

Excellent stuff, come on the BIT OF RED

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Even more gutted Bohs didn't make it now.

Will prob head along anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Think i'll head to that now too, should be a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Fair play. It would be great to get a few newcomers to see a bit of Irish footy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

sweet, was going to go anyway, thats a saving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Had no intention of going to this but at that price be nice to see a cup final and the new stadium

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Had no intention of going to this but at that price be nice to see a cup final and the new stadium

Ya might like a LoI game that doesn't involve Bohs.:P
    baz2009 wrote: »
    So do ya get them off the club or TicketMaster?

Wouldn't wanna be stuck in with the Sligo crowd..

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

baz2009 wrote: »
    Ya might like a LoI game that doesn't involve Bohs.:P

Quiet you. I went to a few UCD games when you must have been about 10 (I lived maybe 30 seconds from the ground!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Tickets will be available from both clubs from Wednesday this week and ticket outlets the following day. 10euro adults. 5 euro under 16's, Pensioners, and people disabled in wheelchairs.

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Quiet you. I went to a few UCD games when you must have been about 10 (I lived maybe 30 seconds from the ground!)

Ooh very fancy.:P

Seeeriously looking forward to the final after tonight!:D
    Better be able to find a pub in Lanzarote that'll show the game on Friday..

If Rovers win the title that will add another few thousand on to the gate.

• Advertisement

If Rovers win the title that will add another few thousand on to the gate.

And the pitch :pac:

dreamers75 wrote: »
    And the pitch :pac:

Think the FAI will do a better job with their stewarding than Pats.

Think the FAI will do a better job with their stewarding than Pats.

FAI ran our game, dont you know all Grade A games are ran by the FAI?

balls sorry your a forascoop fan you know nothing of these things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Fair play on the ticket prices, but like, they probably wouldn't have been more than €20 anyway.

Say there'll be near to 30,000 at it easily.

Its a pity that Richie Ryan and Blinkhorn won't be playing.

Especially Ryan.

The 2005 final was the poorer for the absense of Roy O'Donovan as well....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Tickets will be available from both clubs from Wednesday this week and ticket outlets the following day. 10euro adults. 5 euro under 16's, Pensioners, and people disabled in wheelchairs.

Can you get them the same price at the stadium on the day of the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Urm.. dont mean to burst the FAI praising bubble but it isnt exactly hats off to them for merely selling tickets cheaply. The clubs wont be subsidies for the loss of profits so the only way possible this isnt coming out of their pocket is if they are letting us use it for free or atleast knocking the price down considerably :)

Lets hope they are worth their praise though.

Ebbs wrote: »

Lets hope they are worth their praise though.

On the one hand its a total devaluation of the main national soccer competition if the final tickets are cheaper than the semi's but if they manage to get more the 30k there it will be worth the trick.

Amazing really

I paid

€70 for a seat in the sky for Cork vs Down
    €18 to watch my local hurling team lift the County

....and you can get into the FAI Cup final for €10.

Hard to fault the FAI here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'm defo heading to it.

• Advertisement

On the one hand its a total devaluation of the main national soccer competition if the final tickets are cheaper than the semi's but if they manage to get more the 30k there it will be worth the trick.

Amazing really

I paid

Indeed, hard to imagine people paying so much more to watch a rugby match just days before...sitting in the same seat.

And I'm not complaining at the price as such...once it isnt coming out of the clubs' profit, but instead out of the Aviva's renting cost/security/etc

Amazing really

I paid

5000 people paid €15 into a game with 48 hours notice.

One of the best things to come from this week was that stat, ****ing impressve.

5000 people paid €15 into a game with 48 hours notice.

One of the best things to come from this week was that stat, ****ing impressve.

Only in Dublin.:D

I had to jump over a 15 ft wall to get into our semi final in 2002.

Only in Dublin.:D

I had to jump over a 15 ft wall to get into our semi final in 2002.

How many yous have tonight?

CiaranC wrote: »
    How many yous have tonight?

I'm sick in bed.

1,172 accodring to the official website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

FAI ran our game, dont you know all Grade A games are ran by the FAI?

balls sorry your a forascoop fan you know nothing of these things.

FAI didn't run your game. Your own man was in charge. Check with him if you don't believe me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Rovers tickets will go on sale at the Under 20 league final next Thursday at Tallaght Stadium.
    The Under 20 Final is against Bohs and it is €2 in for members and €5 in for non members.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

If I were in dublin and for €10, I would definally give it a pop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

CiaranC wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/1022/faicupfinal.html

Ten quid for a cup final in the Aviva, great initiative from the FAI to promote the game here. Should attract 20000+. Cant wait.

I got zero intertest in the LOI,but a tenner is amazing value, I would go if I was in the big smoke.. .

It would be sad if at least 40,000 didnt turn up to be honest in our grand arena at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

What a great price and fair play to the FAI for getting something right for once. I was heading to the game anyway but this has just added another 20,000 people imo. As a Fingal fan, last year we had to pay 25 which was just about reasonable but this is a great offer. Cant wait for a great final. I think Sligo might surprise a few non LOI regulars with the quality of their football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Again its hard for me to give any credit to the FAI but that is a great idea to get people to a game. I really hope it works out and clubs should learn from this and have games with low prices to attract people to games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

how many tickets are each club hoping to sell - would each team being 10000 fans to the game you think?

40k is a bit much to expect, though the 30k mark is defo a reasonable target. i hope this all goes well.

how many tickets are each club hoping to sell - would each team being 10000 fans to the game you think?

40k is a bit much to expect, though the 30k mark is defo a reasonable target. i hope this all goes well.

Rovers (the real ones) will pull 6k for most big games, due to it being a cup final they'll probally double that with fans appearing out of the woodwork due to "having gone to all the games in miltown".

Id say Sligo will pull about 6k-7k, perhaps a little more with the draw of the big smoke ;)

As for neutrals...at 10 euro its probally the same price as a stadium tour. I can see another 10k + of just LoI and ole army.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Its a pity that Richie Ryan and Blinkhorn won't be playing.

Especially Ryan.

The 2005 final was the poorer for the absense of Roy O'Donovan as well....

Have to agree there. Pity for the lads themselves, for us as supporters and for the national game. Richie has been the best player in the country this season and hes missing the showpiece game, hes also the driving force behind the beautiful football we've been playing all year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Rovers (the real ones) will pull 6k for most big games, due to it being a cup final they'll probally double that with fans appearing out of the woodwork due to "having gone to all the games in miltown".

Id say Sligo will pull about 6k-7k, perhaps a little more with the draw of the big smoke ;)

As for neutrals...at 10 euro its probally the same price as a stadium tour. I can see another 10k + of just LoI and ole army.
    Make that 10k and the draw of a cup final and you're about right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Rovers (the real ones)

First, there is no ''real rovers'', there's 1000's of teams with the name Rovers, no need to be childish about it and call one team the real one :rolleyes:.

We brought 6.5k to Tallaght last season at €20(?) a pop. With the game being at the Aviva and tickets being €10, I'd expect at least 9k.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    First, there is no ''real rovers'', there's 1000's of teams with the name Rovers, no need to be childish about it and call one team the real one :rolleyes:.

It was a joke, calm down.
    We brought 6.5k to Tallaght last season at €20(?) a pop. With the game being at the Aviva and tickets being €10, I'd expect at least 9k.

I was basing the figures on last year alright, thought i forgot there was temp seating up so considerably more sligo fans. 9k does sound about right considering that. I doubt bohs would have brought anywhere near that so thankfully sligo did make it. Would have loved if Rovers winning it in the Aviva was the final nail in nutsys coffin though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I'll go myself, never been to a game or the old Lansdowne, my first time :)

I hope it works out and they get a big attendance to show a lower ticket price can work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I heard Dennehy might be suspended for this as well as Ryan and Blinks for us.

I don't get why they can't all just serve the bans next week, it's silly.:mad:

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I heard Dennehy might be suspended for this as well as Ryan and Blinks for us.

I don't get why they can't all just serve the bans next week, it's silly.:mad:
    Bayly is out for us, not Dennehy. Cant say Im too upset with those two lads missing for yous, they were both fantastic against Bohs in the semi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Gonna be hard to get a taxi in Dublin on cup final day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement