Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2010 Ford FAI Cup Final - Aviva Stadium - €10 a ticket

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Delighted on a selfish level that Blinkhorn and Ryan are missing but it's a desperate shame for the game and them obviously.

Blinkhorn missing will leave Sligo with very little up front?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

stovelid wrote: »
    Blinkhorn missing will leave Sligo with very little up front?

Nothing up front, we've got no more strikers.

Might go 4-5-1 with O'Grady in for Richie, Eoin Doyle on the right and put Boco up front or the other way round.

Oatesy23 wrote: »

Might go 4-5-1 with O'Grady in for Richie, Eoin Doyle on the right and put Boco up front or the other way round.

Doyler is a decent bet up front.

Doyler is a decent bet up front.

He's scored against ye twice this year so we'll see ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Tickets, will they be available from ticketmaster? I dont really feel like travelling to Tallaght to buy a ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Tickets available from Ticketmaster here from Tuesday.

He's scored against ye twice this year so we'll see ;)

Scored for us more times than against us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

McGoldrick is our only real striker available for it and I can't see him starting the cup final on the back of two or three sub appearances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

AgileMyth wrote: »
    McGoldrick is our only real striker available for it and I can't see him starting the cup final on the back of two or three sub appearances.

Iarfhlaith Davoren used to play up front. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Where would the best place be for a netural to sit? I.E away from all the hardcore fans :P..Take it the goal ends is where the main fans will be going?

Soby wrote: »
    Where would the best place be for a netural to sit? I.E away from all the hardcore fans :P..?

In front of the telly. :)

Where would the best place be for a netural to sit? I.E away from all the hardcore fans :P..Take it the goal ends is where the main fans will be going?
    Not sure where we'll be. Ill pick up a ticket tonight and post up here where Rovers are in the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Cant wait for this, and at €10 a seat, really cant wait.

Although i did hear it was limited to 27,000 (sorry no link), add that to the premium ticket holders and should be a good crowd.

Its a great opertunity for neutrals to say they have been in the new studium

WE'RE ON OUR WAY TO LANSDOWNE, WE'RE ON OUR WAY TO LANSDOWNE, LA LA LA LA LA, LA LA LA LA..... COM ON THE BIT O'RED.

Sit with the sligo fans

;)

CiaranC wrote: »
    Not sure where we'll be. Ill pick up a ticket tonight and post up here where Rovers are in the ground.

Which rovers would that be now?

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

irish-stew wrote: »
    Which rovers would that be now?

;)
    The Modern One ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

why would it be limited to 27,000?

segregation probably would mean 1,000 seats or so, maybe they wont open one of the top teirs?

the stadium has 39,000 general admission seats and then 11,000 premium/corp tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I went to school with him to both primary and secondary school and he played up front all the time, scoring was pretty much his thing, strange seeing him play left back.

why would it be limited to 27,000?

segregation probably would mean 1,000 seats or so, maybe they wont open one of the top teirs?

the stadium has 39,000 general admission seats and then 11,000 premium/corp tickets.
    Word is that top tiers wont be open. Would cost them a fortune in extra Garda and Stewards, would be a waste if the seats arent needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

MOG7 wrote: »
    I went to school with him to both primary and secondary school and he played up front all the time, scoring was pretty much his thing, strange seeing him play left back.

He only ended up left back because we (GUFC) had no left back and he happened to be left footed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

So did Boco, that don't make him a striker.

• Advertisement

Sat, Oct 30 2010

Sligo shift 5,500 tickets in a day

Sligo Rovers have confirmed that 5,500 tickets for the FAI Ford Cup final have been bought by Bit o' Red supporters within the first 24 hours of sales.

The new club shop in O'Connell Street will be open again on Saturday between the hours of 10am and 5pm.

The shop will not be open on Sunday and the club is urging supporters to purchase tickets as soon as possible to gauge for demand ahead of the 14 November occasion.

The FAI Cup final takes place in the Aviva Stadium on the 14th November when Sligo Rovers will take on newly crowned league Champions Shamrock Rovers, who will be aiming to complete the double.
    http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/4591/

Saturday, 30 October 2010 13:16
    FAI Cup Final ticket news

The club will make an announcement on Monday with all details on ticket sales for the FAI Ford Cup Final on November 14th.

There will be a daytime sales window at the club office (hours to be confirmed) along with some late night sales. The club received an initial allocation of approx 10,000 tickets so there will be plenty to go around. Tickets are priced at €10 for adults and €5 for children.

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/1713-fai-cup-final-ticket-news

Ticketmaster now saying tickets go on sale on the 4th. Remains to be seen if you can pay on the gate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Ticketmaster now saying tickets go on sale on the 4th. Remains to be seen if you can pay on the gate.

I am pretty sure the Aviva is a "cashless stadium". They may have those mobile units outside to sell the tickets but its probably best to get them in advance

7,000 sold for us now.

Fantastic numbers, fair play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

AFAIK you scan your ticket to get in, no people at turnstiles, could be wrong though. Only been once and that was when I was in the presidential box so I didn't have to deal with turnstiles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

wtf?
    I checked last night and tickermaster said the tickets would be on sale today the 4th at 10am.
    Went to buy tickets just now and now it says on sale saturday the 6th!!:mad:

Must be in the region of 12-13000 sold already between the two clubs so far then?

Must be in the region of 12-13000 sold already between the two clubs so far then?

Even more i'd say, sligo rovers had sold over 7,000 by tuesday morning. Picked mine up monday morning, only sligo ones at that point were behind the goal on the south stand (three teired stand).

Our initial allocation now sold out so must be more than my estimation.

The neutrals will probably pick up tickets closer to the time so if the weather holds out, I'd say there will be 20-25k at this.

• Advertisement

Our initial allocation now sold out so must be more than my estimation.

The neutrals will probably pick up tickets closer to the time so if the weather holds out, I'd say there will be 20-25k at this.

What was the initial allocation per club do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

irish-stew wrote: »
    What was the initial allocation per club do you know?

Rovers sold out their kids allocation and didnt get anymore, bit of a joke tbh.

FAI havent of yet released anymore kids tickets.

dreamers75 wrote: »

It is annoying but in fairness, 10 quid a head is still not bad for a family to give the FAI their due.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I can only assume Rovers will ask for more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Voltwad wrote: »
    I can only assume Rovers will ask for more.

The amount of Rovers fans at this game will be ridiculous :pac:

With all these Rovers fans snatching up the tickets.. where will the Rovers fans sit?! :eek:

FAI havent of yet released anymore kids tickets.

Shamrock or sligo. Sligos kids allocation were gone by monday. Will there be checkers at the gates to see if a person holding a childs ticket is actully a child.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Never been to an FAI game but am tempted to go to this.

Thankfully a neutral source will be divvying up the ticket sales at least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Awful annoying how some people on here keep refering to 'Rovers' this....'Rovers' that.... WHEN CLEARLY THE 2 TEAMS ARE NAMED ROVERS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Sligo only have about 200-300 tickets left apparently. Looks like the top tier may have to be opened.

That, or FAI could be the downers they usually are and simply declare tickets are sold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

That, or FAI could be the downers they usually are and simply declare tickets are sold out.

Be typical of the FAI to charge more for the upper tiers when the lower sells out.

Be typical of the FAI to charge more for the upper tiers when the lower sells out.

Fúck that, Iv still to pick up my two tickets..

Or force the clubs to contribute to security. :pac:

• Advertisement

frantic190 wrote: »
    Sligo only have about 200-300 tickets left apparently. Looks like the top tier may have to be opened.

Is through the club shop? Was apparently only a few hundred when i got mine earlier in the week as well.

Heard in hearsay that the ones through ticketmaster were for seats in the corners, sections of stand behind the corner flags, although did not say if for netuals or if you had to nominate your side. Anyone know anything about this?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Thankfully a neutral source will be divvying up the ticket sales at least.

:D

Got my ticket this morning from the office and for the testimonial tomorrow. The trophy was there too:cool:

Awful annoying how some people on here keep refering to 'Rovers' this....'Rovers' that.... WHEN CLEARLY THE 2 TEAMS ARE NAMED ROVERS.

Rovers to win this comfortably. Im not saying that Rovers will lay down and be walked all over, but Rovers are just so much more better and are always reliable when it comes to the big games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

PHB wrote: »

You really should. It's going to be a good game with a brilliant atmosphere in a stadium that hasn't really been rocking yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

PHB wrote: »

A what!?
    You really should. It's going to be a good game with a brilliant atmosphere in a stadium that hasn't really been rocking yet.

I doubt it will be "rocking" again till next November!

So what's the craic with tickets? Which sides are what fans on? Don't want a repeat of Tallaght and sitting with the Fingal "fans" like last season.

• Advertisement
Advertisement