Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2010 Ford FAI Cup Final - Aviva Stadium - €10 a ticket

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

So what's the craic with tickets? Which sides are what fans on? Don't want a repeat of Tallaght and sitting with the Fingal "fans" like last season.

You're lucky Fingal aren't playing then.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

A what!?

I doubt it will be "rocking" again till next November!

So what's the craic with tickets? Which sides are what fans on? Don't want a repeat of Tallaght and sitting with the Fingal "fans" like last season.

Rovers fans are on the lower of the south end, and rovers fans are on the single teir at the north end

:D

Serious answer, Sligo on at the south, Shamrocks at the north, not sure whos on the East and West Stands or if each are split down the middle, Ie, one whole stand each or sligo one side of the half way line and and shams on the other side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

We have the West Stand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

If these two were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

curry-muff wrote: »

You havent watched sligo play this season then!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

That is literally the funniest thing I've ever read on boards. Do you write your own material? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

my dad says the same about united/chelsea/liverpool etc

I've lost count of the number of times I've offered to bring him to a game, but while he's happy watching it all on TV he just won't get up and go to one.

His loss I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

A what!?

I doubt it will be "rocking" again till next November!

Shamrock rovers are in the east stand and behind the goal on the north terrace,the north terrace is the singing section and is sold out the east stand is sold out and the corners of the ground have now been open which should sell out by the weekend.So upper tiers should be open but dont know how that will work ticketmaster sales start tomorrow put back from thursday due to the high demand from both clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Going to be a cracker of an atmo and if it doesn't rain, there could be a decent volume of walk-ins.

Anyone have any concerns over the pitch, two rugby internationals before hand, one on the saturday before, can see the grounds men working major overtime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

tickets on sale now.
    interestingly they have premium level seats for €30!

Which stand will the sligo fans be in then? West?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

adamski8 wrote: »
    tickets on sale now.
    interestingly they have premium level seats for €30!

Which stand will the sligo fans be in then? West?
    Rovers in North and East, Sligo in South and West. 20000 sold between us, lower tier is completely sold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

Shamrock rovers initial allocation are now sold out more sections will be announced on monday.Brillant almost 20,000 so far between the two clubs and more to come next week,thats without the ticketmaster sales so looking nearer 30,000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭paddy978

Are all of the Upper Sections opened?

paddy978 wrote: »
    Are all of the Upper Sections opened?

Premium Level (second teir) tickets for sale on ticket master at €30 each, 3rd teir are the boxes, no mention of the top teir being opened.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Extra few thousand tickets coming to Rovers on Monday, so I presume the upper tiers must be near..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

irish-stew wrote: »
    Premium Level (second teir) tickets for sale on ticket master at €30 each, 3rd teir are the boxes, no mention of the top teir being opened.

They also have €10 and €5 upper tier tickets on sale now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭holidaysong

Can you avoid the €2 booking fee if you get your tickets from a Ticketmaster outlet rather than online? I'm getting 5 tickets so my booking fee would come to €10 if i buy online. Bit of a joke really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

fai-cup-final-tickets-map5.jpg

Rovers (champions) end sold out. It looks like the upper tier tickets will go on sale at 1pm on monday. Ultras green, family red, reserved blue.

• Advertisement

Ebbs wrote: »
    Rovers end sold out. It looks like the upper tier tickets will go on sale at 1pm on monday.
    They are on sale right now

I think I'm looking to get three tickets for this, possibly only two, though.
    Is the Shamrock Rovers part of the lower completely sold out?

baz2009 wrote: »
    Is the Shamrock Rovers part of the lower completely sold out?

Yes. Apparently we are getting a further allocation on Monday. This will have to be an upper block.

CiaranC wrote: »
    Yes

Is the top tier going to be segragated or everyone just fired in together?

Is the top tier going to be segragated or everyone just fired in together?

Segregated. They will have to have to considering the upper tier "risks" incase anything happens.

They may put nuetrals above the Sligo south stand but thats a guess.

Segregated. They will have to have to considering the upper tier "risks" incase anything happens.

I'm not a neutral.:P
    Couldn't get to Tallaght to get tickets, don't have an ST anyway as it'd be a waste until I can drive.

• Advertisement

I'm not a neutral.:P
    Couldn't get to Tallaght to get tickets, don't have an ST anyway as it'd be a waste until I can drive.

Ring at 1pm on Monday. They'll post them down to you. Its 1 Euro for postage charges... only 2 quid to get the tickets sent to your door.

No priority for ST or members, baz, you'd have no trouble picking them up..

I don't know if the in-the-post tickets are still available, they might be.

how will they be segregated?
    dont you have your seat number when buying them?

anyone have 3 tickets for sligo rovers lower section?

Is the 1pm realease just refering to shams supporters or ticketmaster?

ah scrap that, i just bought my tickets for the east upper :D
    think the attendance will be close to the south african match?
    that would be funny

how are they segregating the upper tier, didn't see any where on TM to nominate your club, its just a seat number last time i looked.

• Advertisement

how are they segregating the upper tier, didn't see any where on TM to nominate your club, its just a seat number last time i looked.
    im guessing he was refering to the upper tiers tickets that were allocated to the fans through the clubs i.e. shams will be getting an extra section today in the upper tier.
    the general release tickets on ticketmaster wont be segeragated as they are for the general public (seat number etc)

Anyone got any betting tips for this one?
    not much happening on betfair for this game

No need for segregation, yous can all sit together, side-by-side, in peaceful loving harmony.....

rte wrote:
    FAI confirms healthy Cup final sales
    Monday, 8 November 2010 15:30

The Football Association of Ireland has confirmed that lower section tickets in Aviva Stadium for the FAI Ford Cup final on Sunday are almost sold out through Sligo Rovers and Shamrock Rovers.

The Hoops have sold around 9,500 tickets, while the Bit o' Red sales are approaching 8,000.

The FAI has now placed tickets on general public sale today through the FAI Umbro Stores in Westmoreland St and Suffolk Street and ticketmaster.ie.

The tickets will be available in the upper sections of the stadium for the same €10 adult and €5 child price.

A limited number of Premium tickets will also be available for €30 through ticketmaster.ie.

Tickets will be available through ticketmaster outlets located on the corner of Northumberland Road and Shelbourne Road up to kick off on matchday.

Supporters attending the FAI Ford Cup final will be entitled to a €10 discount on tickets for the 3 international friendly against Norway on 17 November.

This discount will be redeemable by presenting the FAI Ford Cup final ticket stub in the ticket outlets located in Aviva Stadium on matchday.
    Only about 1000 sold through ticketmaster though, not much interest from our barstooly friends yet.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/1108/faicup.html

€10 discount for norway is nice, might be tempted but having to buy them on matchday isnt the best

CiaranC wrote: »
    Only about 1000 sold through ticketmaster though, not much interest from our barstooly friends yet.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/1108/faicup.html

plenty of them buying tickets for their own team, not so many though general sales though.

I would hazard a guess that supporters of the clubs in question are more likely to buy tickets in advance and neutrals will be more likely to buy closer to the day. If there is no rain, you might well get a decent walk-in number as well.

plenty of them buying tickets for their own team, not so many though general sales though.
    well its not entirely fair to the public as tickets have only been on sale since saturday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

I've just sent out an email informing people that if they're planning on attending the Norway game, they can essentially go to the Cup Final for free – might get a few bites.

€10 discount for norway is nice, might be tempted but having to buy them on matchday isnt the best

If you are anywhere near Tallaght, you can avail of this discount by buying your Ireland tickets from our allocation AFAIK, just call in the shop/office.

stovelid wrote: »
    I would hazard a guess that supporters of the clubs in question are more likely to buy tickets in advance and neutrals will be more likely to buy closer to the day. If there is no rain, you might well get a decent walk-in number as well.

absolutly, not sure at what rate shams sold their tickets at but sligo had sold up to 3k on their first day of release
    well its not entirely fair to the public as tickets have only been on sale since saturday!

not sure about that one, the ticket master site is available 24 hrs and €10 for the upper teirs of Lansdowne Road is a great deal, not often you would get that, but i would be interested in seeing at what rate the €30 premium tickets are selling at.

• Advertisement

Monday, 08 November 2010 16:35

East Stand Upper tickets will be on sale at the club office on Tuesday from 12pm.

600 more tickets were sold today in addition to the initial Shamrock Rovers allocation of tickets for the North Stand and East Stand lower which were sold by lunchtime on Saturday.

It promises to be a great occassion and, with 10,000 Rovers tickets sold to date, the Hoops are guaranteed fantastic support as we try to claim Cup #25.

fai-cup-final-tickets-map5.jpg
    Another 3 sections sold today. Really cant wait for this.

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/1729-cup-final-ticket-update-mon-5pm

not sure about that one, the ticket master site is available 24 hrs and €10 for the upper teirs of Lansdowne Road is a great deal, not often you would get that, but i would be interested in seeing at what rate the €30 premium tickets are selling at.
    counter argument: would be most people wouldnt buy their tickets at the weekend. probably more likely to buy them online whilst in work like myself today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

27,000 tickets sold, which was the original capacity. Upper tiers now for sale for Rovers, Sligs and neutral sections.

The infamous white horse will be in Ringsend from 13.30 on matchday, and Rovers will do their traditional march behind it to the stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Infamous?

27,000 tickets sold, which was the original capacity. Upper tiers now for sale for Rovers, Sligs and neutral sections.

The infamous white horse will be in Ringsend from 13.30 on matchday, and Rovers will do their traditional march behind it to the stadium.
    oh yeah?
    whats the white horse? I take it you mean shamrock rovers yeah?

oh yeah?
    whats the white horse? I take it you mean shamrock rovers yeah?

A white horse is a horse with white hair. :confused:

Its a tradition for Rovers fans to march from Ringsend, where Shamrock Avenue used to be, to LR or Dalyer for cup finals behind afore mentioned horse.

The White Horse Inn on Burgh Quay is named after the practice.

Infamous?

It is to Rovers fans...

Was quite a well known piece of Dublin lore back in the day. We are bringing it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

It is to Rovers fans...

Was quite a well known piece of Dublin lore back in the day. We are bringing it back.

Should it not just be, famous? Infamous is bad thing I always thought :confused:

Should it not just be, famous? Infamous is bad thing I always thought :confused:

You're thinking of the more infamous type of horse found in Inchicore. ;)

• Advertisement

Infamy, infamy, they all have it infamy

Advertisement