Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2010 Ford FAI Cup Final - Aviva Stadium - €10 a ticket

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Infamous?

it made a smelly poo, once...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

lads...can you pay in at the gate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

DrumSteve wrote: »
    lads...can you pay in at the gate?

What 'gate'?

Ticketmaster will have booths near the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Got my ticket today.:D
    Can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Got my tickets today. Tell me, what do I do when I get off at the landsdowne station? Im sitting in the South Stand Upper, how do I actually get there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Got my tickets today. Tell me, what do I do when I get off at the landsdowne station? Im sitting in the South Stand Upper, how do I actually get there?

Station is right beside the south stand. I'm gussing you have a green ticket, if so follow the green route from the station.

wouldnt it be fantastic if more people went to this, over the rugby game last weekend?

imagine - more people to see the FAI Cup final than Ireland V SA...would certainly rub up a few D4 nancys a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

wouldnt it be fantastic if more people went to this, over the rugby game last weekend?

imagine - more people to see the FAI Cup final than Ireland V SA...would certainly rub up a few D4 nancys a bit.
    Plenty of D4 nancys among our support mate, its not all trackie bottoms tucked into socks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

irish-stew wrote: »
    Station is right beside the south stand. I'm gussing you have a green ticket, if so follow the green route from the station.

Yup, thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

CiaranC wrote: »
    Plenty of D4 nancys among our support mate, its not all trackie bottoms tucked into socks
    Rovers fans have taken to wearing socks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

A group of us will be getting our tickets on the day. Really looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

This could be a sellout yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Pal wrote: »

Few lads in work saying they'll go on the day. Could be a big turnout that way if the weather holds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

What's the capacity for this match? Is the whole stadium going to be open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

so im hearing sligo basically have no strikers now and their two best players are suspended due to FAI ****ing up?
    this true?

adamski8 wrote: »
    so im hearing sligo basically have no strikers now and their two best players are suspended due to FAI ****ing up?
    this true?

Richie Ryan (PFAI player of the year) and Matthew Blinkhorn (their main striker) are both suspended due to yellow cards they picked up ages ago. They have played league matches since but because of the way the FAI works, they're suspended for the Cup final.

Edit: I just had a look at the Sligo squad on wikipedia to see who they could play up front. Who's Nelson Vieira? I've never heard of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭paddy978

I think the only upper section is East, not sure though?

that sounds total BS. **** sake i hate players not being allowed play in finals. especially because of a different comp and only because of a yellow

paddy978 wrote: »
    I think the only upper section is East, not sure though?
    south as well im pretty sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

that sounds total BS. **** sake i hate players not being allowed play in finals. especially because of a different comp and only because of a yellow

A yellow received on oct 8th and allowed play in 4 league matches a cup semi before the suspension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

29,000 tickets sold.

Is this true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

Richie Ryan (PFAI player of the year) and Matthew Blinkhorn (their main striker) are both suspended due to yellow cards they picked up ages ago. They have played league matches since but because of the way the FAI works, they're suspended for the Cup final.

Edit: I just had a look at the Sligo squad on wikipedia to see who they could play up front. Who's Nelson Vieira? I've never heard of him.

i am afraid nelsons footballing abilities do little justice to his name - he is a 5'6 winger who has not yet appeared for our first team in a competitive match - nice yellow boots and he should be on the bench for the final due to our 2 injuries , 2 suspensions and the fact that there is 7 players listed as subs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Is East Upper Block 502 a neutral section or Shamrock Rovers section?

Sligored wrote: »
    i am afraid nelsons footballing abilities do little justice to his name - he is a 5'6 winger who has not yet appeared for our first team in a competitive match - nice yellow boots and he should be on the bench for the final due to our 2 injuries , 2 suspensions and the fact that there is 7 players listed as subs

I figured he probably wasn't up to much.

What's the story with Mauro Almeida? Did he never fully recover from the injury?

I figured he probably wasn't up to much.

What's the story with Mauro Almeida? Did he never fully recover from the injury?

Still injured apparently - can't see him staying next season if we can hold on to Peers Lauchlan and Foran

Eoin Doyle will more than likely start up front for us

so are sligo big underdogs now?
    any predictions lads?

I would've backed Sligo to win if Ryan and Blinkhorn were available. I don't think they'll do it without them though.

Doyler can play up front for Sligo no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Sligored wrote: »

I'd prefer to have Nelson instead of the White Pele in centre mid on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

stovelid wrote: »
    Doyler can play up front for Sligo no?

Doubt it, reckon Alan Keane will be up front, 5 goals in his last 6 games. Can't go wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

south as well im pretty sure

Yep, both opened.
    gustavo wrote: »
    Eoin Doyle will more than likely start up front for us

Who has a nasty habit of scoring against us :/ I can see him scoring again... :/
    baz2009 wrote: »
    Is East Upper Block 502 a neutral section or Shamrock Rovers section?

My guess would be neutral if the numbers are in order from south to north (left to write right effectively...opposite from camera view.). That would put 501-503? as nuetral and 504-506 as rovers. Though thats a bit of guess work. The upper east will be half Hoops and half neutrals so if you check a stadium map it should be obvious as hoops fans are most likely going to be near the ultras in the north.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

srfc19 wrote: »
    Doubt it, reckon Alan Keane will be up front, 5 goals in his last 6 games. Can't go wrong.

I cant tell if this post is serious or not? Keanes a rightback... And i think most his goals have come from penaltys.

29,000 tickets sold.

Is this true?

would this include or exclude the premium level who would be entitled to go to this anyway without having to buy tickets?

if not, then that would put the attendance at about 35,000.

hopefully the weather holds off and this could add to the crowd on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

would this include or exclude the premium level who would be entitled to go to this anyway without having to buy tickets?
    Cant see 6000 prawn sandwichers showing up myself

• Advertisement

Been the longest week ever in work I really can't wait for this game.

srfc19 wrote: »

Would have thought Doyler was a good bet unless Cook can't spare his from a wide position in the formation. He was originally a striker.

this true?

No.

There was a 3 week window in October that picking up 4th/8th/12th yellow cards would suspend you for the final. Rovers players on yellows knew this. Sligs don't appear to have.

Ryan got his 8th yellow and a 3 game ban, Blinkhorn did a stupid handball and got his 4th and 1 game.

The rules is the rules is the rules and always have been.

We'll line up

Kelly
    Keane-Peers-Lauchlan-Davoren

Boco-Ndo-O'Grady-McCabe
    Russell

Doyle

With possibly Ventre instead of O'Grady

I would think Rovers will go

Mannus

Flynn
    Sives
    Price
    Stevens

Dennehy
    Rice
    Turner
    Chambers

Stewart
    Twigg

and win 2-0

• Advertisement

gustavo wrote: »
    We'll line up

Kelly
    Keane-Peers-Lauchlan-Davoren

Boco-Ndo-O'Grady-McCabe
    Russell

Doyle
    With possibly Ventre instead of O'Grady

Still a strong team, even without Ryan And Blinkhorn.

CiaranC wrote: »
    Cant see 6000 prawn sandwichers showing up myself

alot will be given away for free by the owners i would imagine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Stewart
    Twigg

and win 2-0

Will Twigg be fit?:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

There should be a great atmosphere at this with so many going. Really increases the interest across the country. Fair play again for the €10 entry - good stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Just picked up my tickets for this. Can't wait. Great pricing and should be a cracking day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Just got our tickets, 3 of us heading up, should be a good day.

Looks like a sellout.
    10 a ticket proving to be a smart move

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Looks like a sellout.
    Hardly?

A decent crowd maybe, but certainly not a sell-out. Delighted with the decision to go with cheap tickets.

Hope it's rocking on the day. Can't make it myself but will be watchin on the tellybox supporting the 3 Galway lads and cursing everyone else on the Sligo team.

ok bet it tops 40,000 then (unless raining)

Even heard the radip ads the other day.

Can't fault the FAI here. Great work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement