Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2010 Ford FAI Cup Final - Aviva Stadium - €10 a ticket

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

What a game, atmosphere was superb. Delighted with the result, just after watching the penalties and presentation again there, with a big stupid smile on my face.

Na na na na na na na na heeeeeeeeeyyyy Sligo Rovers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

basquille wrote: »
    I'll tell you something..

.. anyone who went got their moneys worth for €10.. and then some!

Great atmosphere!
    I can vouch for that. Came from Galway as a neutral League of Ireland fan. Great day out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

SantryRed wrote: »
    That's not a major cup final though in all fairness.

Not according to the FAI

Whats wrong still upset that Shels could not beat a 9 man team in a Cup Final and then could not score a pen in the shout out even with a sub keeper in goal.

The eircom National League of Ireland title was denied them as they finished runners-up to Shelbourne but they claimed two major Cup wins – the FAI Carlsberg Cup and the FAI eircom League Cup

http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2346

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Not any videos on youtube so I thought I'd do it overnight.

Penalty Shootout:

Trophy Presentation:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Well done Sligo, best team won.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Congratulations Sligo. Deserved the win and brought great support.

Great to see so many people in Landsdowne. Heady times for the league and hopefully some hearts will have been won yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

jndo-o.gif

:D

Joey for Dancing with the Stars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

What a day yesterday.

Taught we had a decent chance going into in even with the two lads missing. First half decent enough, Bocos header was a real chance. Great save by Mannus for it. After the 90 mins we were on top but it still could have went any way as all Shamrock Rovers needed was half a chance. They had the last attacking kick of the game with the free kick.

When penalties came all I was hoping for was that we would be shooting towards our fans. I think that really swung it, for us must have been hard for Twigg and the lads to see all the Sligo fans behind the goal. Great saves by Kelly tho especially from Flynn and Turners penalties.

Great atmosphere at the ground and after in the D4 hotel, love how the team came in and evreyone got to hold the trophy and chat with the players. Makes supporting an Irish team so much better than supporting an English team or whatever.

Anyways now to enjoy the celebrations and look forward to next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Sligo play some quality football! Well worth a tenner. As for the shootout, that was even worse than the last penalty shootout I was at up in Derry a few years back for the League Cup Final.

Ugh don't remind me. Four hours each way on a bus for that :mad:

Just saw the highlights of the game now. Brilliant for Sligo and fully deserved.

I'm not a fan of the Aviva and its mini stand but if it means that 36,000 show up to every cup final rather than a few thousand in Tolka or wherever then brilliant. Really great to see a crowd bigger than that of the egg chasers and at a fraction of the cost for your average punter as well.

I'm also not one to praise the FAI lightly but this is spot on and ends the season on a high.

6pqclj.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Have to say, for my first time at a LOI game, I really enjoyed every minute of it. Sligo Rovers played some great football. Jo Ndo ran the midfield, Shams couldn't get anywhere near him.

Shamrock Rovers must be the most hated team in Dublin, everyone Dub near me was shouting for Sligo :D
    I must have been one of the few shouting for Shams in that section.
    I'll be taking a trip to Tallaght for a few games next season after that showing on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

nicklauski wrote: »
    Have to say, for my first time at a LOI game, I really enjoyed every minute of it. Sligo Rovers played some great football. Jo Ndo ran the midfield, Shams couldn't get anywhere near him.

Shamrock Rovers must be the most hated team in Dublin, everyone Dub near me was shouting for Sligo :D
    I must have been one of the few shouting for Shams in that section.
    I'll be taking a trip to Tallaght for a few games next season after that showing on Sunday.
    I get a little tingle when someone posts something like that :P

Be sure to hook up with the Kildare Hoops Supporters Club, they run buses and the likes

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kildare-Hoops/188524978376

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

The video that was played before the game is now up on Youtube. I taught it was decent enough just couldnt hear it in the ground.

Good clips from fans and players of both clubs

Go on Westlife:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

CiaranC wrote: »
    I get a little tingle when someone posts something like that :P

Be sure to hook up with the Kildare Hoops Supporters Club, they run buses and the likes

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kildare-Hoops/188524978376

Few of my mates have season tickets and go every week , so I would have no hassles with Transport :D

Roll on March :D

Edit : It wasn't exactly my first ever LOI game, I was at a few Kildare County games. But they don't count :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Owen Heary in the first goal in the clip above could be watched on a constant loop 365 days a year:cool:

nicklauski wrote: »
    Edit : It wasn't exactly my first ever LOI game, I was at a few Kildare County games. But they don't count :P
    Damn right it doesn't! :D

Advertisement