Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

42E Turksat

• 22-10-2010 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I have 1.1 metre dish, is it possible to receive 42E Turksat 3A in Ireland?

I have notice that Idman TV is showing the Man Utd V Stoke game FTA on Sunday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Not a hope I am afraid. That channel is on an eastern beam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You can only get western beams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,612 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I think I read, you need a 3m dish if you want the east beam

pity to because I wouldnt mind that Idman tv channel

NO size of dish will give east Beam. Maybe 3m dish in Italy. Not here. The East beam is nice and strong in INDIA! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,612 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I read that a 3m dish would get you it in England, so i presume it might be the same for us

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Mate in Belfast used to have it. Officially an 80cm dish is supposed to be enough for the West beams but he was having problems with missing/breaking up channels (particularly in rain) You need an uniterrupted view to the South East (satellite is low in the Sky and its easy for something to be in the way) or else a dish mounted high up. Also the LNB skew angles are a bit mad.

I get the West beams fine in Limerick. Some channels are OK on 80cm but some are still weak on 110cm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

How things have changed I remember after the post TV2 Norway days (Analogue), that the next free place to get EPL was 42east. I remember watching it on NTV Sport on a 60cm ex sky dish with basically no problems!!! With my current set up i cant get anything past 39east due to obstructions.

Advertisement