Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need some advice

• 22-10-2010 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I want to change job to a different sector altogether and iam looking to get into accounting.In accountancy there's mathematical, theory and problem type questions which are just right up my street and is something i think i would enjoy.Problem is i just dont know where to start with study and another issue is that i still need to work full time to pay the bills.Any help or advice would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭SuperStarHoney

There are a number of different types of accountancy qualifications in Ireland ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA. You should check out the individual Accountancy bodies website for more details. The majority of people would work full time while pursuing their exams.

Depending on the qualifications you have at the moment (degree?) becoming a qualified accountant would take 3 - 4 years assuming you pass all the very difficult exams first time.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Herbalist

It might be very possible for you to continue working full time while starting study? You can study some accountancy courses such as ACCA by distance learning in your spare time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 VAT.it

Personally id recommend you do the accounting technician exams first. its 2 years and can easily be done part time. it gives you a great grounding in accountancy and you learn practical accountancy. you also receive exemptions from exams if you decide to progress further.

Advertisement