Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Please

Options
  • 22-10-2010 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hello there to all, apologies in advance, this may take some time.
    My wife is 37 weeks and up to Wednesday, we were sure our baby was lying in a horizontal position. this was due to the fact that on either side of her bump there are 2 very active lumps, what we were sure was head and feet.
    On Wednesday, in for check up with Midwife, quick scan and said that baby was in head down position, all grand. Mrs Ericsinjun then asked what was the story with lump on the side? MW had a feel around and said she hadn't a clue!!!! Called another doctor for another scan which confirmed head down position. Fair enough says us, but what about the other lump? the doctor said it was the knees. That was OK, absolutely fine, nothing to worry about.
    On the way out of hospital, igot to thinking, what length is baby if his/her thigh bone is that length?
    Anyways, there this evening was havin my rub of bump, and the two lumps on either side are really pronounced and active.
    I'm asking on here because i don't want to freak Mrs ericsinjun out, has anyone any clue what these are? Anyone seen it before?
    Thanks for any responses:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

It could be the feet. My little guy never seemed to bend his knees in there. Had two lumps like that on either side. If there was anything to be concerned about the scan would have shown it.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ericsinjun

Thanks Das Kitty. I know herself is a bit concerned and trying not to let on and I'm the same :rolleyes:.
    Anyways, I'm sure you're right and it helps hearing from experienced people.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Yeah it's hard not to worry and when a thought starts running in your head it's hard to stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

could be feet or elbows?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I'm a midwife and I've seen bumps in all shapes and sizes! And really its nothing to worry about :)

Baby is technically 'full term' now so is at the right size to be born. So your wife has a full sized baby is a very small little space, a tiny space that also has to be shared with about a litre of fluid and a placenta! Is it any wonder your baby is getting into all sorts of wierd and wonderful positions??

So long as baby is active and your wife feels fine, try not to worry - you'll be doing enough of that once baby arrives! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement