Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Plot Discussion [WARNING SPOILERS]

• 22-10-2010 7:28pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭

I have a question about the plot of Enslaved which will obviously mean spoilers so do not read on if you have not FINISHED the game.

I have the title marked clearly to save everyone from having to use spoiler tags.

----

In enslaved you have the Mechs and you have the Slavers right?

The Mechs want to destory humanity. The slavers want to enslave humanity.

The slavers use mechs to help them, but the mechs want to eradicate us?

Somewhere along the lines I missed the part where Slavers and Mechs seem to be the same enemy. Using Pigsy's flying machine we follow a slaver ship to a mech facility.

Just wondering have I got this correctly? In the end when you get to pyramid it is defended by huge mechs so I'm wondering at what point did the slavers start using Mechs and how are they able to use them? Why don't the mech's try to kill the slavers since the Mechs caused this whole apocalypse in the first place?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

The mechs were leftovers from previous wars, like landmines as the devs commented in their documentaries. they just attack anyone that gets close, as Monkey claims "Its all they know".

I say the Slavers have reprogrammed a few to aid them, since they are just basic machines, they arent a Skynet style of collective robots working together to erradicate humanity. Most likely dropped into an eemy stronghold to butcher the guards and allow troops with friendly IFF tags to mop up after.

Mechs didnt cause the apocalypse, its just a combination of stuff like economic catastrophies, they mentioned stuff like Swine Flu and other pandemics, naturally wars and such. more a case of humanity winded down to only a few hundred thousand, people moved to isolated areas to avoid mechs, disease outbreaks and such.

I felt the game lost its steam after you leave Trips home, the settings became more like traditional post-apoc worlds (brown and grey) rather than the vibrant world we were told the game was set in. Maybe they could have delved more into how humanity farred in the 150 year gap between now and then but the Pyramid plot was too "Bleh", it worked but was a bit bland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Trip has a nice arse.

Sorry... My interpretation - Pyramid believed he was saving humanity by putting them in a virtual world (as you saw when Monkey put on the mask in the epilogue). Yes, the humans were enslaved, but probably oblivious and probably in a better place than the real world. I think it got to a stage where all people (apart from the handful of free ones in the game) were enslaved, so the mechs (who had been enslaving) had nothing to do - most were dormant in the game and only came to life when you got near them.

The big ones out in the desert were protecting the pyramid.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Yea I was just wondering was it a case that the slavers reprogrammed mechs such as the scorpions or did they build their own sort of thing because we see mechs roaming as the slaver ship crashes in the prologue.

Also when the slavers pillaged Trips village there were mechs of all kinds there. Wondered did they arrive with the slavers or afterwards.

Also pyramid claimed to be helping people 'live' yet the slavers were quite evidently murdering oppressors. I maybe missed the point but I seemed to see a lot of contradictions.

Advertisement