Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms

Options
  • 22-10-2010 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi all,

I'm possibly moving to Longford Town soon and I was wondering what the gym in the Longford Arms is like? I'd mainly be using it for resistance training, so I'm wondering what their weights section is like?

Also are there any other gyms in the town?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I don't know what the gym in the Longford arms is like, so I can't speak on that one. Only other gym I know of is down in the Mall, it's in the same building as the swimming pool, it's not too bad of a spot really.

The Longford arms is by far the better gym.
    The staff are helpful, the clientele are friendly and vetted, and it is always clean.
    The free weight section is decent. Go have a look, I think they organise free introductory trials.

I use the pool in The Mall on the weekends sometime. If I have friends visiting.
    The staff are friendly and helpful, but they seem to be expected to clean the place as well as do their jobs. The place is always dirty. Their clientele is more mixed, alot of gypsies Irish and otherwise use the place. I've had trouble with these types of people there before. The last two times I have been I have found dirty nappies in the changing room. The showers are unclean, unisex communal jobies.
    The gym seems poorly equipped for weights. From what I can see, they don't even have a squat rack. It has pay as you go options, so it would be easy to test it out for yourself.

Advertisement