Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healing Products?

Options
  • 22-10-2010 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Howdy!

Just thought I'd try get a quick idea of what people thought about healing products, be it tattoos/piercings... ? I've recently got pierced again, after about a 10 year gap, I regularly get tattoo'd though, Anyways, I was wondering how people feel about the various products shops always have, magical specific creams for healing etc. I got a saline spray for piercings the other day and This along with the tattoo creams, i kinda think theyre a bit pointless.

For tattoos I don't think you can get anything better than bepanthen, and for peircings i was advised saline spray/ surgical spirits, but I'm used to using plain old salty water...

What ye think?

What Do You Prefer For Healing? 18 votes

Store Products?
    0% 0 votes
    Salt Water/Bepanthen?
    0% 0 votes
    Other Stuff?
    100% 18 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

http://www.legendbalm.com/testimonials.php

this is what i use i have tried a lot of things and i think this is awesome!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Can't beat good old Bepanthen! If it's good enough to use on a baby's bum then it's good enough for my skin! Nah seriously though, for the first 2 tattoos I had I used savlon, but used Bepanthen for the 3rd and found it healed much better and with less itching etc. For piercings good old sea-salt solution is my tried and trusted method.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Toots* wrote: »
    Can't beat good old Bepanthen! If it's good enough to use on a baby's bum then it's good enough for my skin! Nah seriously though, for the first 2 tattoos I had I used savlon, but used Bepanthen for the 3rd and found it healed much better and with less itching etc. For piercings good old sea-salt solution is my tried and trusted method.

Same as myself, I just cant imagine store products being anything but an attempt at add on sales really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Darkdream

i've had many piercings done, and i've always used boiled water and salt, just recently i had my first 2 microdermals and piercer told me I could use contact lense saline solution instead..and tell you what..it DID NOT WORK!
    i didn't think i could have been the solution irritating the mds, until one of the boys from one of the forums told me it'd be best to go back to plain salty water, and now it's much better.. if it wasn't that i've discovered i'm becoming allergic to most plasters...WTF (can i say that here..i didn't really say it anyways..:) )
    mmhh..thinking of an alternative for plasters now..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Have used bepanthen for every tattoo, cant beat it

• Advertisement
Advertisement