Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Setting up Media Centre quicky?

• 22-10-2010 9:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭

Sup guys,

Im trying to setup media center between the laptop (wireless) and Xbox (wired). Its not working as simply as it did when both were on the same type of connection. my xbox wireless thingy is fecked so im just wondering if anyone knows if its possible for me to connect them both together as they are, its almost as if they think they are on 2 different networks at the moment.

Anyone found a way around this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Hecklar wrote: »
    Sup guys,

Im trying to setup media center between the laptop (wireless) and Xbox (wired). Its not working as simply as it did when both were on the same type of connection. my xbox wireless thingy is fecked so im just wondering if anyone knows if its possible for me to connect them both together as they are, its almost as if they think they are on 2 different networks at the moment.

Anyone found a way around this?

I've heard of lot of people havings issues trying to use the media center when the media pc is connected wirelessly and the xbox is wired. It works better if the media pc/laptop is connected up to the router directly and, if you have to, have the xbox wirelessly.

Download TVersity (it's free) as an alternative to Windows Media Center. Simple to set up and may work better with the setup that you have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

Thanks for the tip man, I downloaded that and it looks pretty slick, a little complicated to use though and i seem to be having pretty much the same issue as with media center. my PC name shows up on the xbox but after a minute trying to connect it says it cant and wants to test the connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Hecklar wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip man, I downloaded that and it looks pretty slick, a little complicated to use though and i seem to be having pretty much the same issue as with media center. my PC name shows up on the xbox but after a minute trying to connect it says it cant and wants to test the connection.

Try resetting your router and lowering the firewall on it

Advertisement