Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC connection problem on PC/laptop

• 22-10-2010 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I got UPC installed last Saturday (30mb). Whenever I try to connect to it on my Sony Vaio PC via the built in wifi adapter it doesn't connect (webpages don't display even though it is recognising and connecting to the UPC network).

If I leave the computer on for about a half hour then the Internet works but the problem reoccurs everytime I shut down the pc. The same thing happens on my laptop.

Devices like my PS3, iPhone and iPad don't have the problem. They can display webpages straight away on connecting to the wifi network.

Having to wait so long on startup to get the Internet working on my pc and laptop is frustrating so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Brian017 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I got UPC installed last Saturday (30mb). Whenever I try to connect to it on my Sony Vaio PC via the built in wifi adapter it doesn't connect (webpages don't display even though it is recognising and connecting to the UPC network).

If I leave the computer on for about a half hour then the Internet works but the problem reoccurs everytime I shut down the pc. The same thing happens on my laptop.

Devices like my PS3, iPhone and iPad don't have the problem. They can display webpages straight away on connecting to the wifi network.

Having to wait so long on startup to get the Internet working on my pc and laptop is frustrating so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks :)

I have this exact same problem the modam works fine when directly connected to my desktop but the wireless on the modam is ****/e the symptoms you describe are the same i have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Don't suppose you had any luck in finding the problem then??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Brian017 wrote: »
    Don't suppose you had any luck in finding the problem then??

The problem is the modam/router itself, there is no way round it put up with the crappy wireless or source a new modam

Advertisement