Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Door Frame Clearance

• 22-10-2010 10:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Am making up a door frame for a set of double doors, what sort of clearance should i be targeting?

Say the doors are 1620mm, i was going to make the frame 1627mm, 2mm for either side and 3mm for the join in the middle, how does that sound?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Hi All,

Am making up a door frame for a set of double doors, what sort of clearance should i be targeting?

Say the doors are 1620mm, i was going to make the frame 1627mm, 2mm for either side and 3mm for the join in the middle, how does that sound?

Thanks

If you have the space and wall space too,then why not make up recessed double sliding doors,so that the double doors slide/vanish back into the walls and you have more space,as you dont have doors swinging/opening out into a room.It will also be a focal/talking point about your room/rooms.

This perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I do like sliding doors from a space point of view, but its a brick/block interior wall...

Oh another question, is there slightly deeper hinges, that allow doors to fold right back against the wall, eg they give enough clearance so the door can make it around the architrave...

Sorry for the questions, its just i've never hung double doors before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Yes you can get those hinges. With double doors, you can hang them both off the frame, (then use rebate), or you also have the option of hanging on off the other, so you dont have to open both at the same time. In a lot of day to day usage, thats all thats wanted, then for big crowds both doors are open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

if your looking for glass for the door,s pm me size,s i,d be happy to give you a price as i own a glazing company and your best place for locks at the best price is mila in kilbarrack

Company Mila Limited
    Contact Ken Lawlor
    Address Kilbarrack Industrial Estate
    Dublin 5
    Telephone 01 8390402

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

massy086 wrote: »
    if your looking for glass for the door,s pm me size,s i,d be happy to give you a price as i own a glazing company and your best place for locks at the best price is mila in kilbarrack

Company Mila Limited
    Contact Ken Lawlor
    Address Kilbarrack Industrial Estate
    Dublin 5
    Telephone 01 8390402 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************01 8390402******end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Where are you based? What glass do recommend for the upper section of interior doors?

When i have the sizes i'll PM ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

based in dublin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Mila are very good and cheap to deal with,got a load of euro anti-drill/snap upvc door locks off them for feck all money.

Advertisement