Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 break V1.1 down to €8.90 now

• 22-10-2010 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

These are going for nothing now, dunno if i trust that their real, but at that price gotta be worth a punt

<snip>

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Here is the link to Dealxtreme http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.47235<mod snip url link>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Sorry Gaz, but to the best of my knowledge, these products now have sales injunctions imposed on them making them illegal to sell in Europe. They violate a few things, one of them is the name PS3 Break is in direct violation of the copyrights Sony own on the name PS3. Unless I'm wrong, I don't think we can hotlink to a banned/illegal product in Ireland.

The dealxtreme link is ok because they are outside of area thats covered by the injunction. To be honest I'm not entirely sure as the whole area is grey-area to the extreme.

And don't forget a bunch of folks in Germany got cease & desist letters from Sony after a load of these were intercepted by customs in Germany. Granted their laws are tighter, but it goes to show they can & do watch these things, so be careful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I taught that was just for Australia, God, Sony are really going to town on this.

So much easier to get a dev board, dont see the need for branded jailbreaks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

cisk wrote: »
    So much easier to get a dev board, dont see the need for branded jailbreaks.

yep, even best if you can get one with 128kb memory. New payloads (ie AsbestOS one) need more than 16kb.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

docentore wrote: »
    yep, even best if you can get one with 128kb memory. New payloads (ie AsbestOS one) need more than 16kb.

Thats the two stage payload isn't it? Both custom written and allowsa linux install to run directly OVER LV2, meaning rsx access etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

There's one going for $8.99 that's got 64k onboard.. Dunno if Nano's will be able to run AsbestOS etc so that's my backup plan (excuse the pun :P) just incase.

I managed to get my pic board working meanwhile. I also ordered tensy with SD extension, that should give me plenty of space for any big payloads (up to 32gb :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Anyone seen Hermes AsbestOS version yet..? Link

Apparently it loads from OM as homebrew and all the files are on a regular USB key, so maybe it's not so urgent to get bigger capacity storage on AVR boards. I'm playing the waiting game until they're all decent sizes and prices plummet (as is starting to happen).

damn it, I just bought few devices with bigger memory. Oh well, they will end in big box of "maybe I will use it in the future" stuff

• Advertisement
Advertisement