Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is she too young for me??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Gaps in ages are different depending on the age of the people.
    yeah 21 - 25 isn't seen as bad, why? because both parties have reached a more mature level.
    16-20/21? Massssive difference, if I'd a 16yr old sister and a 20 year old guy had an interest, I know which knees would be getting smashed in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Tbh she's quite mature for her age. If she was immature trust me i would have nothing to do with it. Maybe if im gonna stick this out ill take it slow and at least till she turns legal. I know many people in relationships who have a few year's gap and they seem happy.

I don't have an issue with age gaps, I doubt many people do. My boyfriend is a few years younger than me. The problem here is the fact that she is a sixteen year old, she's a kid. It doesn't matter if she's mature. If you have sex with her now, you will be breaking the law. If you like her so much, sure, wait. It's not that a three/four year age gap is a big deal, it isn't. It's that she is a child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I don't see the big deal myself.. age is only subjectively relevant. If you like each other and you're not taking advantage of the fact that she's younger than you then what's the harm? Just don't do anything until it's actually not illegal

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I've always dated lads a bit older, which is not all that unusual, so other than she being jail-bate (under 17), what's the issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 RedDevil1878

I don't see the big deal myself.. age is only subjectively relevant. If you like each other and you're not taking advantage of the fact that she's younger than you then what's the harm? Just don't do anything until it's actually not illegal

Yes I dont think i will be doing anything until she's the legal age. We get on like a house on fire like, I think it would be a shame too waste something so good. I think I should probably talk to her too, to see what she thinks. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

There's a math formula for that.

(Minimum age of partner)=[(Your age)/2]+7

You're almost 21

21/2+7 = 10.5 + 7 = 17.5

So right now, keep it sekret.

Working it backwards, you'll be safe with her when you're 23.

Although, in fairness, I've been to a wedding where the gap was 20 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Half your age plus 7 is the rule. And that rule can never be broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭btard

Half your age plus 7 is the rule. And that rule can never be broken.

Oh yeah ? ...and why would that be?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

because its trhe peado rule an that makes yer man a peado

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

off topic
    but what would the legal situation be if someone crossed the boarder for sex with a 16 year old ?

does the it's legal there rule apply or does the Irish citizens breaking Irish laws even if abroad law apply ?

off topic
    but what would the legal situation be if someone crossed the boarder for sex with a 16 year old ?

does the it's legal there rule apply or does the Irish citizens breaking Irish laws even if abroad law apply ?

is he breaking the (/2)(+7) rule?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

off topic

That's a sterling idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    This thread scares me.

Me too! All text and no pics. AH has changed man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭btard

Tigger wrote: »
    because its trhe peado rule an that makes yer man a peado

Bollox. She's way too old for a paedo. The guy is just a normal red blooded male.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Tis grand, sex at 17(on the books >_>)

Tis grand, sex at 17(on the books >_>)

tar your looking at a spanking

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Tigger wrote: »
    tar your looking at a spanking

I'm jsut a bit of a http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/39/0NKOdAFuEirrixytqw0s985ho1_500.jpg

No, not a red panda :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Just hold off the naughty stuff till she's off age and you'll be grand. The older ye get the less of a gap 4 years will seem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

well, lets leave law or the moment...

Is here any man who is attracted by 16+ girl?

if there is more that 10 of them, it means they're not paedos, its a nature but its obviously conflicting with law...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

When edgar allan poe was 27 he married a 13 year old...just saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Flygimp

Novella wrote: »
    She isn't legal so yeah, she's too young for you.

Tell your local priest that one...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Flygimp wrote: »
    Tell your local priest that one...:rolleyes:

Eeeeeeek, not cool... :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The strange and common theme I notice when these threads come up is the majority of people call the OP a pervert.

I find this odd because having read other threads on boards, a significant proportion of the female population have had sex (including losing their virginity) as minors (15 and 16 years old more often) with males who were aged 17 or 18 and older.

There is a cross section that are telling you are a pervert or a paedo that have at one or times done the exact same thing themselves, either as the underage female or the older male.

On the female side, I imagine this to be a bit of 'Oh but I was quite mature for my age' (:rolleyes:) kind of reasoning and that any anon 16 year old female mentioned in a thread is someone incredibly different and a child.
    On the male, it's probably 'Do as I say, not as I do, etc.' or 'Shure I didn't ask her/didn't know'.

And on all sides, a major case of selective memory.
    Do as I say, not as I do, etc.

If there any logic that can be applied to it, I'd like to hear it.

Novella wrote: »
    Eeeeeeek, not cool... :/

Worst sexual predator in modern Irish history wore a priest collar... and this kid's getting his balls busted...
    Although if it was my daughter you were spreading at 16 boy you'd prey to god you were only prison bait... :)

The-Rigger wrote: »
    The strange and common theme I notice when these threads come up is the majority of people call the OP a pervert.

I find this odd because having read other threads on boards, a significant proportion of the female population have had sex (including losing their virginity) as minors (15 and 16 years old more often) with males who were aged 17 or 18 and older.

I'd say the majority of 17 and 18 year old males out in real world having hot sex ain't sitting in virtual land with 11000 posts on a forum site, whilst living in their mum's basement, scoffing TV dinners and ordering a life subscription of hand cream and tissue boxes...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

in before snyper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

What ya worried about OP, sure your a child yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

Her age is obviously a problem if you feel you have to come on boards to ask if it's a problem.

Advertisement