Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is she too young for me??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

181 thanks classic? Dont think so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

thebullkf wrote: »
    As an aside,
    i went out with 18yo girls when i was 14/15 ( i used to get served @ 14 in off licences) i was a strapping lad, 5'11 14 stone,with a moustache playing minor, intermediate/junior club hurling.
    so i think each case on its merits.

Eww.
    You were fat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭round tower huntsman

im gonna tell this joke even though its bad and might offend some...........

how can you tell if a girls too young for you?? you need to make airplane noises to get your cxxk in her mouth:eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Terry wrote: »
    Eww.
    You were fat.

ewww..... i wasn't:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

im gonna tell this joke even though its bad and might offend some...........

how can you tell if a girls too young for you?? you need to make airplane noises to get your cxxk in her mouth:eek::eek:

jimmy carr you ain't.:eek:

is that one of his? i thought it was funny when i was told it, wicked but funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Terry wrote: »
    Yeah. I did. Turns out that I was just a fat bastard.

It was funny, but when you take into account that he's in a place where the OP's activities are legal, then it's just, well, I'm drunk and stuff.

OP, any sort of sexual activity is illegal.
    That includes finger play and touching her titties (speaking of which, I demand pics as soon as she's of age). Even her giving you a hand job is against the law.

What you need to take into account is that a 16 year old going out with a 20 year is most likely troubled. Not in all cases, but most. There's an extremely high possibility that she will start to do insane things.

I've had friends in the same situation. It never ends well.

Probably part of the reason she thinks she is mature is because she is going out with a 20 year old!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

all joking aside...if i found out a 20 yr old was mooching my 16 yr old! he'd loose knee caps.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭lamai

ewww..... i wasn't:rolleyes:

but you are now right?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

all joking aside...if i found out a 20 yr old was mooching my 16 yr old! he'd loose knee caps.
    I have to agree.

If any 20 year old was zoning in on my 16 year old daughters (when they reach that age), I can't say what would/will happen here for legal reasons.

lamai wrote: »
    but you are now right?

fo' sure. :D

why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

presume much??

I don't think so. I just took my opinion from what he wrote in that post.
    i never hated my parents.. ever.yet you get pleasure in your daughters hate...... who's the immature one?

TIC. :eek:

And yes, I 'hated' my mother on numerous occasions. Usually when she wouldn't let me out to hang around the village green, or go to back-to-back discos. It took me about 10 years to see her point and be grateful.

I don't think so. I just took my opinion from what he wrote in that post.

TIC. :eek:

And yes, I 'hated' my mother on numerous occasions. Usually when she wouldn't let me out to hang around the village green, or go to back-to-back discos. It took me about 10 years to see her point and be grateful.

:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I don't know you personally OP but I'd hope that you'd be mature enough to end the relationship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭Dante

It doesn't break the Half-Your-Age-And-Subtract-2 Rule so i don't see what the problem is?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

in the middle east she's too old for you,think of it that way

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Has she even done the leaving cert ?

Seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

SugarHigh wrote: »
    When edgar allan poe was 27 he married a 13 year old...just saying.

So he was a raven paedo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭btard

I remember when i was in my mid to late teens and even into my early twenties (27 now) that every even half decent looking 14-17 girl was having the arse rode off her by some 21+ guy as long as he had a car.

One of my friends 16 year old sister was going out with a guy for about a year who was 25 and i mean full on going out with. She used to stay over in his place, go out drinkinh with him and his friends etc. and the parents attitude was "she's going to do it anyway no matter what we do, at least we know where she is and yer man will surely be smart enough not to get her up the duff". Terrible parenting really.

And no one said anything. Doesn't make it right but i think people are much more excepting of this kind of thing once it actually happens.

It's no different today. The ones who are kept on a tight leash just lie to their parents. Some of the comments from parents in here made me lol. They have no idea what their 'children' are up to. ;)

• Advertisement

btard wrote: »
    It's no different today. The ones who are kept on a tight leash just lie to their parents. Some of the comments from parents in here made me lol. They have no idea what their 'children' are up to. ;)

Actually brains I think you'll find that any responsible parent in here knows what their children are doing. If you think it's smart to take adavantage of "children" unlucky enough not to have responsible parents then you are a very misguided individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

You have to be kidding me. The girl is a few years younger than you and you're worried bout if she's too young for you? Seriously dude, as long as you like her and are gonna treat her right then whats the harm in her being 4 yrs younger. The Jman approves of this :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I don't really think anyone can say for sure if she's too young for you as we don't know her or you. All anyone can do is draw on their experience of the 16 and 20 year olds they know and form an opinion based on that. The OP hasn't mentioned anything about sex, so I think people are jumping the gun a bit by talking about jail time and statutory rape laws etc. Besides, even if he sleeps with her it's illegal, but not necessarily immoral if she's up for it, which an important distinction to make I think.

If you genuinely like her OP then go for it, but just bear a few things in mind, because of her age she might have a pretty different outlook on life compared to you, she mightn't read situations the same way you might. In short; be wary of hurting her, even inadvertantly. If she hasn't had a proper boyfriend before she mightn't have learned effective communication skills to let you know if she's feeling pressured or uncomfortable in the relationship, so keep an eye on that.

Best of luck ,hope the two of you can work something out that makes both of you happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bigbadbear

I started college on my 17th birthday. I was well more mature than alot of 19year olds. Depends on the person.

Do people ACTUALLY believe it's unnatural to be attracted to 15 and 16 year old girs?? (I'm talking looks here)

anyone who believes that is not really giving it full thought.

The age of consent is decided by our government as the age whereby the person should be old enough to not be taken advantage of by an older person. It has nothing to do with being physically attracted to them:rolleyes:

Before western society was invented I wonder did people wait untill 17 for girls and 16 for boys to ride the pants/tribal underwear off them??

All the people who are talking about the OP being a sicko are being narrow minded. Think about it

Kasabian wrote: »
    Actually brains I think you'll find that any responsible parent in here knows what their children are doing. If you think it's smart to take adavantage of "children" unlucky enough not to have responsible parents then you are a very misguided individual.

Actually it's the more responsible parents with attitudes similar to your own who tend to be the most clueless when it comes to this type of thing.

Actually it's the more responsible parents with attitudes similar to your own who tend to be the most clueless when it comes to this type of thing.

You sound like you may have experience in looking for the signs.

Kasabian wrote: »
    You sound like you may have experience in looking for the signs.

lol. Nice try :rolleyes:

lol. Nice try :rolleyes:

:P :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

Juliet was 14

Romeo was 20

How the times have changed against nature's demand.

• Advertisement

The Agogo wrote: »
    Juliet was 14

Romeo was 20

They are dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

The Agogo wrote: »
    Juliet was 14

Romeo was 20

That didn't exactly end well really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

Guards. Statutory Rape Charge. Future Employment difficulties.

ILA wrote: »
    Guards. Statutory Rape Charge. Future Employment difficulties.

Romeo and Juliet Part Deux ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Davek1312

Of course it's wrong! Find someone your own age jeez. Or maybe you don't know anyone your own age which means there's something wrong with you and you shouldn't be around anyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

oh for gods sake get a grip,most 16 year old girls know much more then a 2o year old bloke anyway, enjoy it, have a good time, feck the opinions.

• Advertisement

tempura wrote: »
    oh for gods sake get a grip,most 16 year old girls know much more then a 2o year old bloke anyway, enjoy it, have a good time, feck the opinions.

asl?

it's called STATUTORY RAPE

Davek1312 wrote: »

yore ma is statutory rape

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Not when he's not having sex with her it's not.

good one... i'm guessin your mates with larry murphy

• Advertisement

true but it's still creepy

good one... i'm guessin your mates with larry murphy

nah he's a freak

and goin out with someone still in secondary school isnt freaky?

and goin out with someone still in secondary school isnt freaky?

it's good if anything,constant dirty school girl opportunities

right... i'm gunna leave you and maddie alone now

right... i'm gunna leave you and maddie alone now

thats sick

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭bullmccabe2010

I'm in my late 30's and I end up with girls 18-20 every weekend I go out. Fact is girls that age are slutty as hell and don't seem to care about the age difference. What red blooded man would turn down a hot 19 year old??

I'm in my late 30's and I end up with girls 18-20 every weekend I go out. Fact is girls that age are slutty as hell and don't seem to care about the age difference. What red blooded man would turn down a hot 19 year old??

but you were about 20 when she was 2..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

You know the old saying, take your age & half it....................

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭bullmccabe2010

pmcmahon wrote: »
    but you were about 20 when she was 2..

But I wasn't shagging her then!

• Advertisement
Advertisement