Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darsar log (Football, NFL/NCAA and laying Horses)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Bet 30

2.40 Taunton

A v B

Tignello v Classically

€5 @ 2.36

Tignello came third beaten two lenght and a neck behind Skye But n Ben (someone on here backed that!) in a Class 5 over 2m 1.

Classically was beaten 71 and a half lenghts in a class 2 over 2m1/2f in Feb ( last race over hurdles). He has raced on 1m2f AW twice latest.

darsar wrote: »
    Bet 30

2.40 Taunton

A v B

Tignello v Classically

€5 @ 2.36

Tignello came third beaten two lenght and a neck behind Skye But n Ben (someone on here backed that!) in a Class 5 over 2m 1.

Classically was beaten 71 and a half lenghts in a class 2 over 2m1/2f in Feb ( last race over hurdles). He has raced on 1m2f AW twice latest.

WIN

Easy enough, I was more confident than my €5 stake would suggest :(

Return €6.53

3.10 Taunton

A v B

Agente Romano to beat January

Not much to say other than if my selection jumps ok it should beat January. Jumping is a concern after a fall two races back and can mistake at jumps.

€7.50 @ 1.78

Bet 28

2:50 Catterick

Lay Di Stefano

€5 @ 5

My selections of horses has been poor although I have been playing with fire laying a few short priced favourites. So I am going small stake with this selection.

WIN

€4.75 returned.

Odds were 4.98 not 5 as in quoted post above

3.10 Taunton

A v B

Agente Romano to beat January

Not much to say other than if my selection jumps ok it should beat January. Jumping is a concern after a fall two races back and can mistake at jumps.

€7.50 @ 1.78

January fell at the last after Agente Romano jockey stopped riding way out. Neither jumped well and my selection stopped riding after a bad jump maybe five or six out.

If mine pulled up and January fell. Is it a push?

• Advertisement

Bet 27

Yarm 3.30

Lay Bouncy Bouncy for a place

€15 @ 2.96

Looked at the Lay of the Day yesterday but didn't touch as I already had interest in the race with Becausewecan, 4.20 Southwell.

The lay (for a place) selection, name slips me) was fourth of 5, ran poorly and only not last as the 5th horse missed break and quickly tailed off after catching up to the bend, may even have pulled up.

The reasons for today's selection are mostly ground concerns so I'm hoping RP lay of day can come up again.

LOSE :mad

-€28.20

It got up to rob third.

15:40

Taun

€15 Capt Becket

Backed @ 3.4

Punch

Lay Turner Brown

€10 @ 5.8

15:40

Taun

€15 Capt Becket

Backed @ 3.4

LOSE

-€15

Punch

Lay Turner Brown

€10 @ 5.8

LOSE

-€48

• Advertisement

So,

Five days it took me to lose all discipline and be wiped out. Usual stuff , race after race sitting in front of the tv wanting an interest bet.

I first started log with the plan of maybe three bets per day hoping to hit €20-30 profit per day. That quickly went out the window and my old self kicked back in.

Its frustrating trying to lay with a small bank roll because winning are so small and it takes 9 or ten bets to hit thirty euro. Ideally I could have a bigger bankroll so that I could do three bets and three bets only, pick them out and back/lay them then go off and enjoy the day!

I think I may leave the log until i put 3 or 400 in the account and then try the bet the way I want to & properly. It just is too hard with the small winning, big losing.. You have to risk half your bank to make a tenner sometimes. Or maybe I just wasn't doing the right bets. Certainly not today backing race after race, just so dumb.

Arrggh away I go anyway, good luck to everyone else in your selections.

Advertisement