Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fake Cheryl Cole Interview On This Morning's FM104!

• 22-10-2010 11:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭

Did anyone hear about this or was listening to the FM104 this morning when they were supposedly interviewing Cheryl. They tweeted about it in advance, did facebook status updates, apparently loads of Cheryl's fans were outside the studio waiting to catch a glimpse of her! She was supposed to be appearing on The Strawberry Alarm Clock part. They did the interview, but that girl sounds nothing like Cheryl! It's a scouser, doing a terrible Geordie accent! To be honest, I think it's a disgrace what they did and they're getting a huge backlash, I'm really surprised it hasn't been mentioned in papers or online websites! Tons of her fans are tweeting about it and informing her labels on Twitter. Soo pathetice what they did! Are they soo sad and desperate to pull in viewers, that they resort to exciting young Cheryl fans by promising a radio interview with her, then getting a woman, with a scouser accent and do a FAKE intervie! :mad: Think it's the beginning of the end for that radio station... and to think I actually liked it! Not after hearing this!

Oh and in case you did not hear it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu8ZbiioD5s

God, I hope Cheryl's label comes at them over this, they deserve it! Pathetic, what they did

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

3 things for me:

1) Why would anyone be a fan of Cheryl Cole (apart from her looks?)
    2) You do know that radio stations don't have any viewers?
    3) Who would really care about what FM104 did?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 WhichOne

Lollipop, It was a windup! You do realise that?

I listened this morning and thought it was funny. They pulled a practical joke and fooled us all, even the press. You make it sound like they committed murder! They annoyed a few Cheryl fans on Twitter, big deal. Anyone who listens to the Strawberry Alarmclock would know their pranks.

I doubt Cheryl's people even care. They're probably having a good laugh at the whole thing.

It's amazing how many people can't take a joke. With the amount of crap going on in the news we need more of these type of wind ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I have to agree with what Keith from i105-107 said. It wasn't funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Jim Jim wasnt funny ... has he ever been... NO .. nothing new.. .. I would agree with the above though, it was pretty obvious that it was not Cheryl Cole/Tweedy..

• Registered Users Posts: 25 King Size

Stunts like this have been pulled throughout the years, the late G Ryan had a very famous one and going further back Orson Wells. There is one thing key to this. Talk-ability. That has been achieved. Remember all publicity is good publicity! At the end of the day it was a joke, people need to lighten up.

As for Keith from i105107 calling them not funny... Mate, go back and listen to your own show. Horse sh*te.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

King Size wrote: »
    Stunts like this have been pulled throughout the years, the late G Ryan had a very famous one and going further back Orson Wells.

Own goal from FM104. This wasn't clever, they plugged this 'interview' everywhere all week and it backfired on them. What did they think would happen - listeners would think, "I wanted to hear Cheryl Cole, but ha ha, you guys got me. I'll be tuning in again to hear more of your crazy stunts?"

They got a bad Cheryl Cole impersonator in the studio, annoyed all of her fans and drove away listeners from the show.

And getting a fake interviewee in the studio does not warrant comparison between Jim Jim Nugent and Orson Welles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 CharlieJG

Complete FAIL for fm104. It wasn't funny, other media outlets were laughing at them in their utter humiliation.

Any radio station can pretend at any time that Cheryl Cole was coming in- there is a reason they don't do that.

For other media organisations who tried to get Cheryl to appear because of FM104's lie - they feel relieved...perhaps humored

But to the listeners? The people who tune in everyday....FM104 just lost all it's credibility. The majority of listeners believe that people like Cheryl Cole just need to be invited in to the likes of FM104 and they come in. They don't realise the push and pull between artists and agencies. To any regular punter it now looks like fm104 aren't capable of getting major stars in to them....Why else would they need to make it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Travismccoy

But all these radio stations do get big guests so the point is what exactly?

They pissed off a few young girls that idolise Cheryl Cole, so what? Do you think people above the age of 18 actually care? It was a stunt and it worked. They got free press out of it, it worked. You're all on here talking about the show, it worked.

Anyone who claims otherwise works for 98FM, simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I fail to see how this will do anything other than lose listeners for the FM104 breakfast show
    They pissed off a few young girls that idolise Cheryl Cole, so what?

They won't listen to FM104 any more, that's what.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

I pissed myself laughing at it..

Its a morning radio show having fun. Me and the lads in work had it on and we had a great laugh listening to it..

Its the strawberry alarm clock for heavens sake not Pat Kenny

Get a life!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Travismccoy

SkidMark wrote: »
    I fail to see how this will do anything other than lose listeners for the FM104 breakfast show

They won't listen to FM104 any more, that's what.

Sadly it doesn't work like that. Listeners say one thing and do another, they tune in 2 days later to see what that "stupid show" are doing now.

Has anyone here seen the texts the lads got? I doubt it so how can anyone say how it was received??

And I hear they've seriously annoyed a certain English but Irish based male showbiz reporter who roots through dead people's skips so that in itself is enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 WhichOne

CharlieJG wrote: »
    Complete FAIL for fm104. It wasn't funny, other media outlets were laughing at them in their utter humiliation.

Any radio station can pretend at any time that Cheryl Cole was coming in- there is a reason they don't do that.

For other media organisations who tried to get Cheryl to appear because of FM104's lie - they feel relieved...perhaps humored

But to the listeners? The people who tune in everyday....FM104 just lost all it's credibility. The majority of listeners believe that people like Cheryl Cole just need to be invited in to the likes of FM104 and they come in. They don't realise the push and pull between artists and agencies. To any regular punter it now looks like fm104 aren't capable of getting major stars in to them....Why else would they need to make it up?

It was great marketing for Fm104. They got tons of coverage in the newspapers, and still getting it today.

As for other media outlets, the Strawberry Alarmclock is the only breakfast show making noise at the moment. I seriously doubt other stations are "relieved" that everyone is talking about their competitor. Even 98fm referred to it yesterday afternoon by claiming their one of their guests was genuine.

This wasn't done to make Fm104 credible. It was done to get their breakfast show attention for being different. It worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Posters saying this backfired and it failed? What evidence have you got for that?

I found the interview quite funny, it took the piss out of Cole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It wasn't funny. Made them look bad. I wouldn't mind if it was funny but it really came off as try-hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Where she says she's in doubt that she's a nice person.. lol I liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mega Buddy

I might not be a fan of Mark and Jim Jim, but they did pull the prank off very well on Friday morning. Look at the media coverage that it got?! Yes, whilst I'm sure it did in fact piss a few people off, it was a great PR stunt for fm104.

Advertisement