Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If I buy a new PS3 would it be a 3.41?

• 23-10-2010 12:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭

Anybody know If I buy a new PS3 would it be a 3.41 or earlier? I'm assuming that it'll take a while for built consoles to have the latest firmware on them.

Comments

Havnt heard of any new PS3`s with 3.42 on them yet.

But i would get a move on if i were you. Any of the 120Gb slims are 100% pre 3.42.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Anybody know If I buy a new PS3 would it be a 3.41 or earlier? I'm assuming that it'll take a while for built consoles to have the latest firmware on them.

I'd love to know this too, don't particularly want to "take a chance" - they're not cheap and sometimes returns policies can be funny ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

A mate bought a slim last Friday and it had 3.40, most likely that any consoles onthe shelf now will be pre 3.41

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭newirishshogun

Thanks for the replies lads as TouchingVirus said they aren't cheap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

They have alot of stock to shift, unlikely 3.42 will be on the shelves til after xmas imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got this off a modding site, it was posted on the 26/9
    I have ordered 4 brand new 160 gig slim ps3 systems from newegg.com . All came with 3.40 on them until now. I recieved this system Friday and just opened it up to mod it. To my surprise 3.42 was already installed on it. Does anyone know of a series of sn or bar codes to avoid? Guess I will have to go in the store from now on instead of getting free shipping and no tax from newegg.

As said the stuff in most shops will have lower firmware but stock will go fast with Christmas and i think the 3.42 and up will be in the majority sooner rather than later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Does anyone know the firmware on the move 320gig ps3 packs thats in the shops?? was in game today and the guy told me that all their consoles were on 3.50

HI GAzz bought mine two weeks ago and it was a pre 3.41 model :) you just gotta go for it.

were do you think would sell the least amount of console and therefore would have the oldest stock, im thinking xtravision or harvey normans, your right i just have to give it a go,only got one shot doh and its for the youngfella xmas present

Its pot luck really! but I assumed that whoever can buy the largest stock can hold it the longest so I went with Harvey Normans. But I wouldn't wait too long as people know about the 3.41 "issue" now. Though there now seems to be a way to drop and increase updates at the mo!

• Advertisement

took the plunge today and got one of the move starter packs (which seem to be sold out in alot of places) 3.40 on it,RESULT!! thanks for the help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

why whats the difference between 3.40 and 3.41 that you dont want 3.41

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Nodferatu wrote: »
    why whats the difference between 3.40 and 3.41 that you dont want 3.41

It's 3.42 & upwards folks are trying to avoid, well the folks that want to run the exploit anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

is this the linux thing? why what does it exploit exactly?

It exploits a heap overflow which allows arbitrary code to be executed.

http://www.thexploit.com/sploitnews/ps3-heap-overflow-exploit-explained/

Advertisement