Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie jerseys - Closing Monday 1 November

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Pm sent

I'd be interested alright but new to all this so not sure of sizes etc.
    Anyway should be answered by PM I hope

:o

PM sent with email this time, d'oh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭moby2101

PM sent!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Pm sent.
    The balls a rollin :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭RobBaxter

Got a load of PMs.

I'm starting to realise that this isn't actually that hard. However, I might only accept orders from people who can collect the jerseys from dublin. I live in Stillorgan.

Am in contact with the company now, finding out all costs, what's available and making sure that they have the right design. Should have more info later on this evening...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

RobBaxter wrote: »
    Got a load of PMs.

I'm starting to realise that this isn't actually that hard. However, I might only accept orders from people who can collect the jerseys from dublin. I live in Stillorgan.

Am in contact with the company now, finding out all costs, what's available and making sure that they have the right design. Should have more info later on this evening...

Sweet. Just sent you a PM there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

you,ll prob find that you,ll get help here with the distribution of kit. People in different areas will collect their own and a few others and deliver it to them for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭alanucc

I might only accept orders from people who can collect the jerseys from dublin.

:( Pm sent anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

hmmmm damn my Donegalness =( pm sent anyway so keep me informed could get one of my mates to collect maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

It s actually fairly cheep to post the gear around the country. The most expensive I found was about €8.00 so if people were to include money for postage could they not be included in the order. Seems a little unfair to excluds people because they live outside Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Karagesh

Got a load of PMs.

If it turns out to be a pain everyone could pay a small bit extra or something so you would probably get a free bit of kit. I wouldnt mind, these things usually end up being a massive paper exercise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭moby2101

Completely agree with Karagesh... I think whoever has gone to the trouble of organising the order, (in this instance Rob) should at least have the cost of a jersey or whatever covered with our thanks....

Yea, I'd be happy to contribute a few extra quid.

Alright guys,

I think the easiest way to set this up is by a google spreadsheet, rather than PMs. I've gotten about 50 or so PMs at the moment and most people have just asked questions rather than leaving their e-mail addresses.

If you are interested in ordering something, then follow this link and add your name and details to the spreadsheet. If you want to ask questions then ask away on this thread.

https://spreadsheets1.google.com/ccc?key=t4f6pAWBasFTd5mNsLnGa2w&authkey=CKOZqOcJ&hl=en&authkey=CKOZqOcJ#gid=0

I will e-mail everyone on the list the prices. I'll check for new names on the spreadsheet every few hours.

As for delivery, let's see how the spreadsheet looks when everyone inputs their details. A few people have offered to help distribute the jerseys already so it's looking good for everyone getting one.

As for the getting the organiser a jersey, I'd love it but don't feel obliged. A euro or two added to your transfer would be very much appreciated for the effort here :)

Bobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

Planet X wrote: »
    Might have been said or mentioned before, but the new shorts are made from a see through material, not good.
    Design etc fine, love the colours but more thought should be given to the material. It seems the sold us a very sheer fabric.
    Just the shorts. The jerseys seem to be fine.

Is that the light weight or the medium weight material?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Is that the light weight or the medium weight material?

No idea.
    But too light.

• Advertisement

No idea.
    But too light.

I'll ask if they can make the shorts out of a heavier material then?

Any suggestions?

Any other critisms we might want to look at?

LINK TO ORDER IS:

https://spreadsheets0.google.com/ccc?key=t4f6pAWBasFTd5mNsLnGa2w&authkey=CKOZqOcJ&hl=en&authkey=CKOZqOcJ#gid=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I should be able to give a dig out with delivery collection anywhere North of the Airport/Louth/East Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭aquanaut

Thanks Rob - appreciate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

any padded tights?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Perhaps its not a good idea to publish everyone's e-mail addy in public?
    Don't need to add to people's spam problems

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote: »
    Perhaps its not a good idea to publish everyone's e-mail addy in public?
    Don't need to add to people's spam problems

It's not as public as you would think. You can only access it through the link provided and it saves so much time. It'll only be available until Friday Morning. Then it'll be deleted.

I doubt any spam companies are going to be looking on the boards cycling forum and see the link?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 door handles

Hi Bobby,just to say a big thanks for organising this order,i have attached my e-mail address to your list,ill be happy to help out with delivery in the Laois/Kilkenny area if its any help to you

• Registered Users Posts: 29 shaycl

Rob, left my details on your spreadsheet. Well done on organising things so quickly. I will be working in foxrock and city centre til the end of november if you want a hand to distribute stock to midlands and beyond

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

Fair play Rob.

Not ordering myself this time but happy to distribute anywhere between Dun Laoghaire and Bray.

Saying that there is still uncollected kit in my press from the last order.

You know who you are...... :rolleyes:

Details won't save for me on the spreadsheet??
    Sent ya a pm Rob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Cheers RobBaxter added myself to the list, also I can help distribution Carlow/Kilkenny.

Alright guys,

I think the easiest way to set this up is by a google spreadsheet, rather than PMs. I've gotten about 50 or so PMs at the moment and most people have just asked questions rather than leaving their e-mail addresses.

If you are interested in ordering something, then follow this link and add your name and details to the spreadsheet. If you want to ask questions then ask away on this thread.

https://spreadsheets0.google.com/ccc?key=t4f6pAWBasFTd5mNsLnGa2w&authkey=CKOZqOcJ&hl=en&authkey=CKOZqOcJ#gid=0

I will e-mail everyone on the list the prices. I'll check for new names on the spreadsheet every few hours.

As for delivery, let's see how the spreadsheet looks when everyone inputs their details. A few people have offered to help distribute the jerseys already so it's looking good for everyone getting one.

Bobby.

Also guys, check your spam just in case because i'm sending off 5 or 6 at a time...

Christ lads, some people are taking the piss on the excel doc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Just added my name to the list. Rob if you need a hand distributing them I'll gladly help out. Have a car at my disposal :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭keano007

Rob,

Having trouble updating the spreadsheet. Can u add me? Sending u on a Pm now,

thanks,

Owen

Re sizes:

Anyone who has the kit already, are the sizes tight or generous. I'm hovering between 34" and 36" for the shorts as a loose-ish 34 would do. Should I just go 36 or is there a bit of stretch in them?

Sizes seem small anyway, 36 waist is XL, feckin Europeans :D:D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Plastik

Rob, I just spotted an email from you in my junkmail as I did a block delete and I wasn't able to get it back. Can you send it to me again please?

Thanks,
    P

Re sizes:

Anyone who has the kit already, are the sizes tight or generous. I'm hovering between 34" and 36" for the shorts as a loose-ish 34 would do. Should I just go 36 or is there a bit of stretch in them?

Sizes seem small anyway, 36 waist is XL, feckin Europenas :D:D:pac:

....or the increasingly obese Irish? :eek:

....or the increasingly obese Irish? :eek:

hey hey hey,

I'm not fat! I'm just big boned :pac:

hey hey hey,

I'm not fat! I'm just big boned :pac:

Not directed at you or anyone on here, but just the growing tendency in the country.

Not directed at you or anyone on here, but just the growing tendency in the country.

I see what you did there ;)

And I know it wasn't aimed at me, but its pretty much the reason I'm picking up the bike anyway, gym is too boring and being outside on the bike is much more enjoyable :)

Plastik wrote: »
    Rob, I just spotted an email from you in my junkmail as I did a block delete and I wasn't able to get it back. Can you send it to me again please?

Thanks,
    P

Re-sent Plastik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Charlie Stick

Just added meself to the list

Cheers Rob

• Advertisement

Ok fellas, update for ye....

Check your e-mails, it could be in junk mail as i sent 3-6 at a time.
    Here is a list of the people who have been sent an e-mail with the spreadsheet, sizing chart and design:

Possedion
    Plastik
    lescol
    dquirke1
    Alanstrainor
    adrianshanahan
    Signal _rabbit
    Planet X
    Hail 2 Da Thief
    dingatron
    mahoo
    aquanaut
    fondriest
    door handles
    moby2101
    danniemcq
    shaycl
    Crippens1
    Neris
    DrZeuss
    cookie_monster
    alanucc
    bitemybanger
    Faith+1
    Hossbox
    drogdub
    biomed32
    rp
    Karagesh
    droidus
    keano007
    Charlie Stick

And here is a list of the people who have replied with the spreadsheet completed:

lescol
    DrZeuss
    Faith+1
    Alanstrainor
    Neris
    mahoo
    Posseidon
    cookie_monster
    dingatron
    Hossbox
    Crippens1
    signal _rabbit

Have I left anyone out???

If you want in on this too, then here is the link to put down your e-mail address:

https://spreadsheets4.google.com/ccc?key=t4f6pAWBasFTd5mNsLnGa2w&authkey=CKOZqOcJ&hl=en&authkey=CKOZqOcJ#gid=0

Regards,
    Bobby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

stuck my email down there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Addded my e-mail to the list :)

Payment details have been sent out.

Going to put a deadline of Monday on this order. If you want in, you have to have put your e-mail account on the list, filled out your order and transfered the money into my account by Monday evening latest.

Regards,
    Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭conseng

Have just added my name to the spreadsheet, almost missed the thread. I am in mayo but would manage to organise collection somehow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭droidus

Eek. It'll take 5 days for me to add a new account to my e-banking, and I wont physically be able to get to a a bank until Thursday probably.

• Advertisement

hmmm... could somebody get into an AIB for you?

Could somebody who has an AIB account transfer the money online for you? (it goes straight through if your with aib and are transfering to aib online(but you need a code card))?

Any other suggestions?

Im BOI. The only way to do this without incurring charges or having a 5+ day delay (5 days to add an account, 3 days minimum to transfer to AIB) is for me to physically go into an AIB with the cash. I'll see if I can work something out, but it may not happen by monday.

Paypal no good then?

Got the email bobby, and i'm AIB so i'm ready to order. I put myself down for 1 s/s jersey priced at 38 on that sheet. So the balance i have to pay is 39 correct?

If people are chipping in to help towards buying your part of the order i'd be more than happy to do so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭lescol

I'm with AIB and they will send a "security code" within 3 days to enable a bank transfer!:confused::mad:

I'll try and get into the bank tomorrow, a PayPal account would be handy:)

If its too much grief to work alternate plans or delay this just take me off the order. Any other Friday this month i wouldn't have had the cash anyway. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement