Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Error 8002F2B5 73% Fix

Options
  • 23-10-2010 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

Hi,

Thought I'd share this with the forum.

Replaced a faulty laser on a 40gb, tidied it all back up, closed the case etc and fired up GTA4. ALL OK.

Was on 3.21, so I tried updating to 3.41 but kept getting the following error: 8002F2B5 at 73%.

Read a few forums and noticed one fella saying that the "60 - 70%" stage involves the BT / Wifi board.

Opened the case back up and sure enough the ribbon cable wasn't tacked down properly :rolleyes:

6 hours later, 3.41 installed :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

good stuff. I think stories about how PS3 is more reliable than X360 are fairy tales now. YLOD, RLOD, RSOD, TBOD. lol, Xbox had only RROD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

^^^ So true.. That damn update loop gets me, takes so long to see if a fix worked or not! Got YLOD while trying to update on my personal PS3.

What's annoying was that I could play a game off a disk, but it freezes during updates.. Got that one sorted eventualy, but awkward all the same!

Advertisement