Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisy Neighbours, advice?

Options
  • 23-10-2010 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Got new neighbours about 3 weeks ago. me and the gf live in the lower half of a duplex, new couple plays loud music at the weekend starting at about 1;30am when they arrive home from i assume a night out. now its 2;30am as i post, itll be the 3rd time i ask them to turn it down when i ask tonight (when gf comes home from night out with friends bcoz she cant sleep with this noise).

guy whos answered has been civil and sorry ill turn it down etc but its so weird that it gets rinse repeated.

if this happens each and every weekend (and ill be really annoyed if it happens tomorrow) ill be annoyed and expect a pattern of this. I doubt there is an escape clause in the contract but is it just down to being more clearer with the tenant?

any thoughts in general?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Don't bother going in when they already have it playing and are drunk/high/whatever, that almost certainly won't work.

Call in some weekday evening and discuss it with them then. If they continue to do it at unsocial hours you'll have to take it up with their landlord but don't hold out too much hope of him or the guards doing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Do you pay a management fee? Get onto the crowd that managing the estate - they wont be too long moving!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

i went up at 3;30am, again got same sure no problem nice guy attitude then 15 min later after they turned it down to bareable they turned it up again (not as high as before but high enough). gf called garda at 4;30, dont think they turned up and they went to bed at 5am. its sick this is the 3rd weekend in a row and i wont be surprised if they do it again tonight or sunday.

we have a landlord who does praise us for being great tenants, hopefully he is same landlord of the apartment above, i know its the same letting agent.

there is a management company the landlord pays to, what can I do with them?

also regards breaking out of a lease, can i just lose my deposit at most? lease is till may :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

There is little point calling the guards as they have no power other than to ask them to turn the music down.

You will get a lot more joy from contacting the management company. Any management company I have ever seen will have a regulation that says that noise must be kept to a minimum after 10.30 or some reasonable hour; you neighbours are in violation of this regulation so pass it over to the management company and let them deal with it. Ive heard a lot of stories of them getting this kind of thing sorted; Im not sure what they say or threaten but it seems to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Hay op.
    I was in your position a few weeks ago, it's horrible. I went to the guards, while they were sympathic they didn't do much.
    I informed my landlord in the end of the goin ons.. he then rang their landlord told him the craic, said we had threatened to move out, not acceptable etc. I don't know what went down with the landlord and noisy ar*eholes but hasn't been a peek since.
    If your landlord is sound and appreciates you, which u say he does, give him a bell.

Good luck.
    P.s don't move, your next place could be worse.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Hey OP just wondering where abouts your appartment is? thinking it could be in the same as mine.. you in southdublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

southdublin yea,

rang letting agent, he told them to stop, havent heard a peep since. so no niose on saturday or sunday, we shall see if i hear anyting next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Now perhaps make some concilliatory noises towards neighbours?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Da GOAT wrote: »
    Got new neighbours about 3 weeks ago. me and the gf live in the lower half of a duplex, new couple plays loud music at the weekend starting at about 1;30am when they arrive home from i assume a night out. now its 2;30am as i post, itll be the 3rd time i ask them to turn it down when i ask tonight

Man that's only an hour. Your lucky.

New neighbours moved in beside me recently and last weekend they started playing incredibly loud blaring techno at 3 in the morning last Saturday night/Sunday morning. This continued until I left my own gaff at 5 Sunday afternoon to visit my girlfriend. So that's 14 hours straight of really loud techno I had to endure. It was so loud I could barely think. How they put up with it next door I have no idea but I'm guessing they were off their tits. This is about the 3rd or 4th time this has happened since they moved in.

Figured the Guards would be worse than useless if I notified them but don't want to complain to next door directly as all I see going in there is scobies.

These are street houses so there is no apartment complex agreement or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

Why not stay with your gf and blast the complete opposite for 24 hours like: The Carpenters; Manfred Mann; Cilla Black???

When they are eventually less off their tits, I cant imagine ' Rainy Days And Mondays' going down too well!!

Either that or get get/set your sub-woofer (whilst near the shared wall) to high volume and low and leave your place for a couple of days! Their teeth will be rattling by the time you get back!

• Advertisement
Advertisement