Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BFCB2 new patch: BC2 gets MoH hitreg

Options
  • 23-10-2010 3:35am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/1370087-update-bad-company-2-pc.html

"Hit registration changes brought over from MOH to BC2; several bugfixes, the client<->server send rates have been increased, some of the hitboxes themselves have been changed. This will increase the accuracy of guns, but will not make much of a difference to the knife.
    Removed the blue box behind the chat window."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Spear wrote: »
    http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/1370087-update-bad-company-2-pc.html

"Hit registration changes brought over from MOH to BC2; several bugfixes, the client<->server send rates have been increased, some of the hitboxes themselves have been changed. This will increase the accuracy of guns, but will not make much of a difference to the knife.
    Removed the blue box behind the chat window."

ah for christ's sake...the guns in MoH are ridiculous accurate...I found BC2's were grand..you really have to aim to get your kills..
    DICE/EA are getting worse and worse..I really fear for BF3.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I dunno, saw a video if moH and you could tell if your shot hit an arm, leg etc and I thought wow that's sweet!
    If they couple this with different hp taken per body part it's gonna be great.

I don't see how the accuracy figures in it seemed more like a hit indicator, maybe the higher rates = more accuracy as it should.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I reckon the hit reg is spot on in MOH, its the damage or lack of health that the problem is therefore i can see it being great in BC2 once they dont mess with health and damage.
    Having said that the hit reg is not terrible in BC2 but ive had many wtf moments when i should have hit a guy but nothing registered so it does need some addressing. hopefully they will get it right.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Glad to see some continuing support. The game can have some awful hit detection alright.
    Looking forward to Vietman now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

What's the verdict so far? I've always found the hit reg to be quite "boxy" – but got used to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

BC is a class game. I think the guns are more realistic in BC.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Have not noticed any change to the "hit boxes" as of late. When does/did this patch apply?

Was on again last night with Dubs and the only major change we both found was that alot of the guns have been nerfed big time. The AN9 has been really toned down.

S'pose in relation to the hit boxes, does not matter really when you hit them constantly in the head anyways!!!!! :p

Advertisement