Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lend a hand

Options
  • 23-10-2010 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

Idea for a sticky..

Anytime IO needs a helping hand post here and see if someone can lend a hand.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭trekkypj

Great idea.

One I'd like to suggest is the following:

We have some people who post here who are knowledgable in various areas of telecommunications.

It might be useful to create a stickied thread where people can briefly state their areas of expertise - so for example:

Joe Bloggs Username

• 10 Yrs experience laying fibre networks
    • 5 years network design
    • Telecoms engineer with knowledge of GIS

Something like that, perhaps.

This would be particularly useful for people writing reports as Ireland Offline evangelists, and also for people looking for experts to work on, say, community broadband projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

I'm no technical genius but...

Offering: I'm a pedantic f!!ker (have already emailed about a tiny typo on the homepage! :D) so can lend a hand in general proofreading of any kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭IrelandOffline_

jkforde wrote: »
    I'm no technical genius but...

Offering: I'm a pedantic f!!ker (have already emailed about a tiny typo on the homepage! :D) so can lend a hand in general proofreading of any kind.

That sounds good:)
    We still have not got that email yet.

The thing we need most is a reasonable FAQ.
    We have some resources but haven't had the time to compile the FAQ.
    Do you fancy doing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

sure ya, I'll give it a lash, PM me about it.. it'll be a good way of learning the stuff that I don't know myself!

Advertisement