Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aquarium decoration

Options
  • 23-10-2010 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

hey,

just wondering if it is possible to get an internal background for a wall aquarium?... i got ahead of myself and got it put up the tank and added water to it but now realise it would look better with a background on it... taking it down really isnt an option so just wondering are there ones you can put on internally at the back of the tank?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭mcdoogle

You can buy laminated sheets in many pet shops with backgrounds on them, the shop in Brittas has them and I think Whackers has as well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

i placed a backround in my tank after the water was put in. Was suitable to it this way with my tank.

Many backgrounds/tanks require the backgrounds to be glued in. If yours is like tank will have to be dry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

a few sheets of slate will do the job, you can drop them into the tank and they can be cut to size....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

thanks for all the advice... in the end i decided to bite the bullet and take it off the wall and put the background on....
    i'm glad i did because it makes a big difference...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

the fish seem to like to have the background there. When I but mine there they didnt seem to be as skittish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement