Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

drawing programs

• 23-10-2010 9:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭

im looking for some free software to draw my leaving cert construction project if anyone can help thanks in advance.
    mods feel free to move this to wherever it should be.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭bette

im looking for some free software to draw my leaving cert construction project if anyone can help thanks in advance.
    mods feel free to move this to wherever it should be.

http://www.serif.com/free-graphic-design-software/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

That's interesting Bette havent heard of that one before..

If it's a construction project though, you would probably need something more like CAD? Do you need to design in 2D or 3D?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭shanec1928

That's interesting Bette havent heard of that one before..

If it's a construction project though, you would probably need something more like CAD? Do you need to design in 2D or 3D?
    to have it in both would be a help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Use the freeware program Blender. Very handy.

http://www.blender.org/

I'm pretty sure you can draw CAD drawings in it too.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=blender+cad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

It's more for 3D modelling than 2D drawing but you might get some use out of it.
    FreeCAD

• Advertisement

Interested to hear this topic lads.. I was looking for a similar package a few months ago for a little metalwork project that I was doing... I downloaded and used this...

CoCreate Modelling

I found it a bit difficult and non intuitive, but I got the job done in the end..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Brando_ie

For a free alternative to AutoCAD and it will set you up nicely for learning / using ACAD in the future you can't go wrong with progeCAD 2009 its free for non commercial use and almost identical to AutoCAD and IIRC you can draft in both 2d / 3d.

Hope it helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭shanec1928

went with the trial version of cad..and don't have a clue of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Might be worth giving SketchUp a try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭JDxtra

+1 for SketchUp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Great thread lads, couldnt find any of these when I was looking for a free CAD program..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

+2 for sketchup.

have the benefit of 2d & 3d views. Can overlay images, textures, use satelite imagery to build on, export to google earth.. 3d warehouse for extras.. if you're in the dublin area, you can use google building maker to create, then export to sketchup. It's really a wonderful tool.

Advertisement