Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Beach Greystones

Options
  • 23-10-2010 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Went for walk on North Beach last Wednesday. Approached from the lane by Crispins cell, down to old bridge, on to beach. Walked back towards new harbour/marina. Best place to see a true picture of the development taking place.
    You can walk right up to the new harbour wall at edge of marina. Lovely little cove constructed here. Will be a big hit for bathers when approaches are finished. Amazing to see the coastal protection being constructed. Actually looks very nice. Nice views of the cliffs from the shore, with the bird life in abundance. The sooner this development is completed the better.
    Recommend this walk to all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Took a walk on the North Beach today and agree with you, its going to be a great place for bathers.
    67081AB760FE4DFDA300661A70AD9869-0000315917-0001992676-00800L-9691923D3258424CB972D5DAB0F2C5BB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭vinpaul

Lovely picture. Any more from this vantage point. Well done.

Hi, click on the photo and it will bring you to my pix.ie page where there are more photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cooper90

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Hi, click on the photo and it will bring you to my pix.ie page where there are more photos.
    great pics, hadnt seen it from the sea side!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

I spent all summer (and most previous ones) swimming at the far end of the north beach and I don't think it will ever be too popular with swimmers. There isn't much sand and the stones are quite big, that and the south beach is in a better location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

How do you access it? I'm not familiar with Crispin's Cell.

How do you access it? I'm not familiar with Crispin's Cell.

Coming from the Greystones direction towards Windgates, take the right turning at the bottom of Windgates hill into the Grove, drive or walk as far as the railway line where there are swing gates to cross and continue on towards the North Beach. If you have children with you please be careful of the trains.
    http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Greystones,+County+Wicklow,+Ireland&ll=53.156975,-6.082585&spn=0,0.013733&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=53.156923,-6.08276&panoid=sJ4DgbBXcSvsUGyCaovChA&cbp=12,3.85,,0,5

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    If you have children with you please be careful of the trains.

Meaning if you have no children with you, you can cross with abandon ? ;)

Advertisement